• Report: #271936

• Submitted: Sun, September 02, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, September 02, 2007

• Reported By:West Allis Wisconsin
Steel Bridge Medical
6170 W. Lake Mead Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Steel Bridge Medical Charged my Credit card $99.95 but never received product. they will be happy to refund money if I send product back. Las Vegas Nevada

I ordered the free sample for just the $6.95 fee for shipping. The next month I was billed to my credit card $99.95. When I inquired the company they said I didn't read the fine print that explained I would automatically be billed for the shipment. I don't recall the fine print so I will take fault for that.

They told my credit card company, Capital One, they shipped the product and would give me a refund if I returned the product. I can't return a product I never received. Capital One took Steel Bridges' side and I still have the charge on my account. Capital One said I didn't respond to their letter within the time limit so their time frame was exhausted. They did nothing to help me. I made phone calls, called and visited the USPS many times. Steel Bridge said they had a tracking number and date from the USPS but nothing matched up, the numbers were not from the USPS. Several times I called Steel Bridge, they either hung up on me or would not give me any information.

I contacted Capital One again and was told to send a letter to reopen the dispute. I sent the letter registered and got the confirmation back on the 28th of August. I have heard nothing. I have since closed my credit cards with them. Also Capital One told me even though I closed the account Steel Bridge can continue to charge my account. When Steel Bridge intices a person to take them up on the free offer they also allege that this Hoodia product is backed by Oprah Winfrey. This is false. Is she aware of this?

Terry
West Allis, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2007 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steel-Bridge-Medical/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89108/Steel-Bridge-Medical-Charged-my-Credit-card-9995-but-never-received-product-they-will-b-271936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steel Bridge Medical