Complaint Review: Stehphen Greene, JOBsolutions, Secret Shopper, Sights on Service, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, August 21, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 18, 2011

• Reported By: Melissa — Clarksdale Mississippi USA
Stehphen Greene, JOBsolutions, Secret Shopper, Sights on Service, Inc.
620 Mendelssohn Ave N Suite 190 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Stehphen Greene, JOBsolutions, Secret Shopper, Sights on Service, Inc. Secret Shopper Scam using Money Gram Transaction Clarksdale, Mississippi

*UPDATE Employee: It is a scam!

* : Ditto

I received the following letter in the mail this week. It includes a check in the amount of $3975.00 drawn against a LA CAPITAL F.C.U bank in Baton Rouge LA 70821 and questionnaire sheet to complete once the job is complete. It is postmarked in Canada. The old saying if it sounds/appears to good to be true, it probably is, well I thought that and glad I did some checking first. The letter has several grammatical errors. I have done work for several secret shopper companie and none have ever sent a check prior to completing the work it has always been a reimbursement program, so this was another RED FLAG.

Top of the letter has the letter head for JOBsolutions and an address of 620 Mendelssohn Ave N Suite 190 Minneapolis, MN 55427-431 Tel: 1-647-831-6536

Position: Customer Service Evaluator

We are a mystery customer employment firm that specializes in assisting corporations improve the most important facet of their business, customer service. As one of the most respected firms in the country, we represent 150 companies, ranging from small to midsize businesses, to fortune 500 corporations. Mystery shopping enables companies to improve their services by identifying gaps in the way they deal with the customer.

Congratulations!!!! You have been selected to represent our company as a mystery-shopper. We have helped thousands of people generate substantial cash flow from mystery shopping. And now, for a minimal investment of time and no risk to you, you too can take advantage of this opportunity and increase your income.

It is important to ascertain your skills as a potential mystery shopper. The first probation training task is a PAID ASSIGNMENT and is to be completed as directed by any of our assignment coordinators, so please contact us at 1-647-831-6536 to connect to a coordinator for detaile instructions

Your job description requires you to pose as a potential customer at the assigned establishments and evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of service rendered. Your 1st assignment is a Money Gram Transaction. You have 48 hrs to complete this assignment. We use the reference code to verify completion of this assignment.

It is important when filling out the Customer Service Evaluation Tool(CSET) that you maintain a fair and unbiased opinion. Upon completion of Assignments, Please fax the CSET form and all receipts back to our office.

NOTE: ENCLOSED IS AN OFFICIAL CHECK TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR ASSIGNMENT. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT UPON RECEIPT OF THIS CHECK, YOU CONTACT OUR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY: FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC STOP PAYMENT OF THE CHECK.

Below is a breakdown of the enclosed funds

Total Allocated                                                                      $3,975.00

Salary per assignment                                                        $200.00

Your Tasks are as follows:

Wal Mart Purchase                                                               $40.00

Service fee charged by Money Gram                                 +/-$75.00

MoneyGram transaction/transfer                                     $3,660.00

Please note that due to the confidentiality agreement we have with our clients, and as a paid representative of our firm, you are to perform your duties with utmost professionalism and discreetness. The tasks must be performed expeditiously for this to become a weekly opportunity.

Remember it's shopping so have fun!!!

Sincerely,

Stephen Greene

Secret Shopper is a registered trade mark for the mystery shopping services provided by Sights on Service, Inc.

The check is from LA CAPITOL F.C.U P.O BOX 3398 BATON ROUGE LA 70821 Dated August 10, 2009 NO. 234421 PURCHASED BY: Brenda Marshall unable to read the authorized signature

I did my research and of course found this to be a huge SCAM! I found numerous things saying they could have my banking information and I should contact my bank, so I did that and they noted on my account just in case and they told me that they have heard about this and it is known to be drawn against many different banks large and small and that I should contact my local authorities and/or the FBI, so the banks in my area could be made aware of this scam and so no one falls for this scam that could create a major headache for that person, as it could cause them to become a felon with a felony charge. I contacted my local county police department and they more less laughed at me and said there was nothing they could do about it.

I will not stop until I get this information into the proper hands. I do not want to hear of someone falling for this scam and me knowing I could have possibly prevented it from happening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2009 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stehphen-Greene-JOBsolutions-Secret-Shopper-Sights-on-Service-Inc/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55427-431/Stehphen-Greene-JOBsolutions-Secret-Shopper-Sights-on-Service-Inc-Secret-Shopper-Sca-483593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stehphen Greene, JOBsolutions, Secret Shopper, Sights on Service, Inc.

It is a scam!

AUTHOR: Secretshopper.com - (U.S.A.)

It is a scam; it does not have anything to do with our company, Sights on Service or Secretshopper.com or do we employ anybody by this name.Please go to our website at www.secretshopper.com to read more how to avoid these scams in the future.
Legitimate companies have no reason to ask shoppers to send them money or
charge you money. All our services for shoppers are FREE.  If you get an offer that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Mystery shopping is a legitimate business, but only if you are dealing with legitimate companies. Don't get scammed. If you receive a cashiers check in the mail, with a request to wire money to someone, don't do it! Contact your local authorities and the FBI...and fax a copy of the
materials you receive to MSPA (Mystery Shopping Providers Association) at
972-755-2561 or go to the website at http://www.mysteryshop.org/. Thanks

Sights on Service

620 Mendelssohn Ave. N. #190

Golden Valley, MN 55427-4349

#2

Ditto

AUTHOR: LRH - (USA)

I received an identical letter today.  I read that they are receiving our information from internet job posting sites (one specifically mentioned was www.thejobplanet.com).  They are retrieving our e-mails and home addresses from resumes that are posted on-line.  I am not sure if this is the case.  I personally have  received a number of e-mail scams (as well as this direct mail scam) all within 2 weeks of applying for as a job utilizing an on-line recruiting site.

How do we stop them?  I am sure there are innocent/naive individuals that are in need of work and will actually cash these checks because they need the money.  It is very disturbing that in this horrible economy that people are trying to take advantage of the people that may need the most help.  The other concern is if they are attaining this information from resume databases, what else do they have on us?