Complaint Review: Stephen Wad

• Reported By: Carl — HURRICANE Utah United States of America
Stephen Wad
184 W 1600 S, St George, Utah United States of America

Stephen Wad Vehicle under warranty not covered St George, Utah

On 1/8/2013 I took my 2012 Jeep Liberty in there because I cleaned the touch screen radio and it shattered.  The service manager told me it was not under warranty because it looks like it was smashed in.  I had taken the radio in there before because it completely turned off.  I believe one of the techs in there dropped my touch screen radio and cracked the screen at the bottom which is where the damage started.  When I cleaned the screen and pressed it, it shattered.

I was offered a refurbished one for $495 plus I would have to pay $190 for them to take my radio out and put the refurbished one back in.  Since when did they stop honoring warranties?  I will never buy another Chrysler product again.  I am also putting on the rip off report about being lied to about the type of radio it was.  I was told it was a navigation unit but its not.  Just a crappy touch screen radio that they broke and want me to pay for to replace.  I will never ever go to Thievin Wade again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 12:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stephen-Wad/St-George-Utah-84770/Stephen-Wad-Vehicle-under-warranty-not-covered-St-George-Utah-993123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stephen Wad