Complaint Review: Stephens & Michaels Associates, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, March 07, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 09, 2013

• Reported By: Susan — Arlington Virginia United States of America
Stephens & Michaels Associates, Inc.

Stephens & Michaels Associates, Inc. , Continuously Violates FDCPA through Harrassment, Robocalls, Failing to to Identify Themselves, etc. Internet

*Author of original report: Lindsay Debt Collectors Are SCUM...

I have been continuously recieving robocalls from Stephens & Michaels Associates in regards to my daughter. I have told them they are calling a cell phone and this number is my cell number and not her number. She did not place this number down anywhere or on anything. When they first called she informed them that this was my phone and not her phone and it was a cell phone and that she did not have a phone. They did not care. They know this is not her telephone. The man on the phone per my conversation with her decided to become argumentative. He also failed to identify himself or his company and we were forced to trace the number. After that call I have repeatedly been receiving robocalls. When I pick up and say "hello" I  hear nothing but dead air. They then hang up. This has happened several times.

The number comes from Stephens Michaels and Associates.

Today I recieved a call from Stephens Michaels and Associates calling from a different number. They were calling from 1-866-201-0940. Previously the calls were coming from 1-866-679-9649. The man failed to identify himself and immediately asked to speak to my daughter. I told him he was calling my number and thus it was the wrong number. He became argumentative. I then asked for his address to send a cease and desist letter and he wanted to again argue and he started shouting at me telling me he did not care it was my phone. He refused to give me his address saying he wasn't going to give the address and I didn't need it and I had to hang up on him because he was shouting at this point and talking all over me.

I am tired of this.

The US has laws governing the debt collection agencies but they are never enforced and these companies know it. Please have these people stop contacting me. This phone is in my name. Not my daughter's. It is not her phone. It is for my use. She doesn't live with me. They don't care. I went to their website and they did not have their address listed anywhere on their website. At all. There was no way to contact them except through phone.

Will someone please actually hold this company accountable for harrassment and for breaking the law with the robocalls and failing to identify themself and failing to honor my request to have them stop calling my cell phone. Also, it was my understanding that debt collector companies are suppose to give out their address when asked or someway to send a letter yet this company refuses and keeps their address off their website.I googled to find their address from Topix Forums (Stephens & Michaels has a have a lot of complaints against them for harrassment) and all the addresses are different. It appears the company constantly switches addresses. Please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stephens-Michaels-Associates-Inc/internet/Stephens-Michaels-Associates-Inc-Continuously-Violates-FDCPA-through-Harrassment-R-1025147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stephens & Michaels Associates, Inc.

Lindsay Debt Collectors Are SCUM...

AUTHOR: Elam - (United States of America)

And Lindsay you must not have ANY SKILLS to have had to work as one.

And second, Lindsay, Stephens Michaels & Associates are walking a very slippery slope because THE PHONE BILL IS REGISTERED TO MY MOTHER and that by definition would make it HER PHONE. It is for HER PRIMARY USE and not MINE and when she notifies your SCUMBAG former employer it is HER PHONE they should heed what she says. SHE HAS THE BILL TO PROVE IT. YOU DUMB ASS.

And second, you LIE. I have googled Stephens Michaels & Associates and their address does NOT come up. They have also left it OFF THEIR WEBSITE. Hmmm... I wonder why?

And of course they break FDCPA laws. I have been advised of that when I called the FTC and reported their behavior. They have continued to call my mother after being informed that they were not calling me and instead harrassing HER and I was advised that the minute they disregarded what she stated and continued to call AFTER being advised they were BREAKING THE LAW. So IDIOT you LIED AGAIN.

Apparently, nothing has to be in writing. I was informed by the FTC Agent I spoke to that if I can tape the call and it shows either me or my mom telling them not to call that is a VIOLATION of the LAW.

And I am rubbing my hands together. I have purchased a RECORDER for my mom's phone. And I will be recording EVERY SINGLE CALL these SCUMBAGS make to her because I will instruct her to SUE THEM.  They'll end up OWING more than the paltry 6 year old debt (that is passed the statute of limitations anyway so they CAN'T SUE to collect) LOLOL!! The Damn Debt is 6 years old and only a FOOL would pay it now. It would restart the CLOCK YOU DAMN DUMMY and make the debt run for ANOTHER SEVEN YEARS instead of simply being removed. You debt collectors are not just SLIMY you are also DUMB AS DOORKNOBS.

So Lindsay, CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR HOLE. You must be a MAJOR REJECT to be rejected from working as a DEBT COLLECTOR. Obviously you weren't any good if they got rid of you.