Complaint Review: Steve Duran Sduran165@aol.com

Steve Duran Sduran165@aol.com
steveduran.com Internet U.S.A.

Steve Duran Sduran165@aol.com Total crook LA Internet

*Consumer Comment: Question...

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response to a False, Libelous, and Defamatory Claim

We had to meet him at a Starbucks because he didn't have an office. Ge took our personal information and never returned calls.

We now believe he sold our personal information so someone could steal our identity.

sudran1652aol.com
steve@socal-mortgages.com

He had an illegal web site also according to the state of California.

socal-mortgages.com

Teedie
La, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steve-Duran-Sduran165aolcom/internet/Steve-Duran-Sduran165aolcom-Total-crook-LA-Internet-394617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steve Duran Sduran165@aol.com

Question...

AUTHOR: Fisher - (U.S.A.)

**This client is originally from West Africa and has a really distinct last name that most people can not pronounce. Plus the fact that she was in foreclosure really hurt her credit. IF anybody did steal her identity, they would find out really quickly that they must look West African to pass for a name like this, plus they would not be able to qualify for new credit as a result of her credit score
being so low.**

I'm a bit curious as to how one would 'look' West African? As opposed to, say, Southeast African?

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response to a False, Libelous, and Defamatory Claim

AUTHOR: Steve Duran - (U.S.A.)

It was brought to my attention from someone who did a google search on my name that they found a recent complaint posted about me on the www.ripoffreport.com website. This complaint is simply an ANONYMOUS blogger who posted a FALSE, DEFAMATORY and LIBELOUS claim against me.

First, the Terms of Service clearly say that your users will NOT use this site to post false, defamatory, inaccurate, etc., information. If this was true, the Rip-off Report would NOT allow anonymous bloggers to post FALSE, DEFAMATORY, and INACCURATE info. I know this is a jealous competitor who is trying to tarnish my reputation and crash my business.

The perpetrator is trying to tarnish my reputation. The only reason he knows I met a client at a Starbucks, is because I posted it on a different forum. I know for a fact that this is a FALSE ALLEGATION.

The reason I know this is a FALSE ALLEGATION is because I only met one client with her boyfriend at a Starbucks, and I was able to save their home from foreclosure within one week of the home being auctioned off at the courthouse steps. I was able to help them obtain a loan modification in which I was able to save them over $91k in interest over the next 36 months, plus an additional $38k in principle reduction, for a total savings of $130,000 in 3 years!

The accuser can NOT provide the location of the Starbucks, the time, the date, or the name of the client. This is only a jealous competitor trying to defame me as a result of us debating on a mortgage message board.

This client is originally from West Africa and has a really distinct last name that most people can not pronounce. Plus the fact that she was in foreclosure really hurt her credit. IF anybody did steal her identity, they would find out really quickly that they must look West African to pass for a name like this, plus they would not be able to qualify for new credit as a result of her credit score being so low. This is a VERY farfetched claim.

I have personally a victim of identity theft and I know that this is a serious offense. To anybody who feels their identity was stolen, I suggest to file a police report, contact the FTC, and call the credit bureaus to place a Fraud Alert.

With this particular family, I was able to negotiate her first mortgage balance in the amount of $392k down from a 9.26 to a 3.95%. I was also able to negotiate with the lender to reduce the balance on the 2nd mortgage from $88k to $48k AND get the rate reduced from a 11.85 to a 2%!!! The total monthly payment savings between her two mortgages are over $1987 per month. The total interest savings over the next 36 months are going to be over $91,000. The principle reduction on the 2nd mortgage is saving them close to $39,000. TOTAL SAVINGS OF OVER $130,000 IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS.

-We were able to help this family avoid FORECLOSURE within one week of the sales date.

-We were also able to save them over $1987 per month on their monthly mortgage payment.

-We saved them over $130,000 in 36 months!

I have the loan modification documents for proof.

I have also received several referrals from the client that I met at Starbucks.

We have an internet law firm working on this as we speak. Once the claim is filed and we subpoena the info, we plan to post the name and the company of the fraudulent (anonymous) poster. Someone also posted something similar on Craigslist (most likely the same person), and we are getting a subpoena for that as well.

We plan to post the name of the perpetrator once we get to the bottom of this.

Stay tuned.