Complaint Review: Steve Kruse - Happiness Is Pets

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, April 05, 2006

• Reported By:Naperville Illinois
Steve Kruse - Happiness Is Pets
2345 Highway 16 West Point, Iowa U.S.A.

Steve Kruse - Happiness Is Pets NEEDS TO BE STOPPED Selling sick dogs (Cockaliers) and not informing the new owners of the potential risk! ripoff West Point Iowa

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Brittany from Naperville

I am so angry and appalled that Happiness is Pets continues to do business with a horrible puppy mill (Steve Kruse). I too bought a Cockalier from Happiness is Pets in Aurora, IL on 12/14/05. I immediatly fell in love and bought him dispite some warning signs that I should not have ignored.

When we were at the pet store I asked repeatedly why he was "on sale" and I was assured that it was because he was 3months old and people had been buying the younger puppies. I asked again if the puppy had been diagnosed with any health problems and they again assured me that he was completly healthy and on no medication.

I went home that night and thought about it and the next day went back to the store and asked another employee of the pet store about the puppy's price and health. This time I was more specific asking if his eyes, ears and nose were okay, because to me the adorable little puppy's eyes seemed pretty red and his nose seemed dry. Again they stated that he was perfectly healthy and one of the best puppies they had there.

I left the store again and talked it over with my boyfriend who I live with and decided to go back and buy him. I love him to death but I took him to the vet and he did have an eye infection and a start of a cold. He's completly healed, but I am very concerned about future health problems. He eats very well and is gaining weight well. But, if I had known that this breeder is known for selling sickly dogs I would have definetly not have let myself fall in love with Bently (my little man).

I feel cheated and upset that the truth of why my puppy was so cheap was concealed and also that these complaints about the breeder were not made known to me. I want both Happiness is Pets and Mr. Kruse to be accountable for their disception. I went back multiple times and I am so angry that the new member of my family may become sick or worse.

Please contact me if any class action suit or anyone has anymore information about these two bad businesses.

Brittany
Naperville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2006 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steve-Kruse-Happiness-Is-Pets/West-Point-Iowa-52656-9266/Steve-Kruse-Happiness-Is-Pets-NEEDS-TO-BE-STOPPED-Selling-sick-dogs-Cockaliers-and-not-170221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steve Kruse - Happiness Is Pets

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to Brittany from Naperville

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

Brittany questions why the puppy was on sale. Most of our customers prefer an 8 week old puppy to an 11-12 week old puppy. Consequently I will mark down an older puppy until he or she finds a home. THAT AND THAT ALONE is the ONLY reason a puppy is marked down. I have NEVER had anyone complain that they did not pay enough for their puppy.

It is our policy to never knowingly sell a puppy that is otherwise than healthy. We do have veterinary technicians working in our stores however they are not licensed veterinarians. We therefore provide FREE PUPPY CHECKUPS at any of our 6 veterinary clinics. We even provide FREE care and treatment within 14 days from the date that Brittany would have taken her puppy home. Brittany's puppy would have received eye ointment at no charge to her, all she had to do was bring the pup in.