Johnny

Complaint Review: Steve Luongo Towing Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: casandreas — St Marys Pennsylvania United States of America
Steve Luongo Towing Inc.
338 Parkmount Rd. Glen Riddle, Pennsylvania United States of America

Steve Luongo Towing Inc. Charges $220 for overnight storage in gravel lot. Glen Riddle, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: No..

After an accident that was my fault, the Nether Providence Police (who were awesome) directed my car be towed.  Steve Luongo Towing (Dan) arrived and expertly towed my Honda Fit to his lot.  He couldn't have been more helpful. My car was towed a short distance to a dark gravel lot in the back corner of a side alley near the Amtrack line.  That part of the service was great and would have been worth the $140 Luongo charged to get it there.

Then the fees started adding-up.  I was charged $95 for weekend service (Saturday), $100 for overnight storage ($50 per calendar day, not per 24 hour period), and $25 for AD Lot.  I can only imagine the "AD Lot" fee is another way to squeeze another few dollars out of the victim.

Even the towing operator, Dan, expressed regret in handing m the bill.  I thanked him profusely for helping me and said, "This must be a great job".  As he handed me the bill, he said, "I love helping people, but I hate having to get in the middle of it."

Who should we blame for this?  Steve Luongo Towing, Inc. is permitted to run his business as unetetically as he want to.  He is allowed to overcharge for services and invent charges to make profit.  Knowing that he is greedy, selfish, immoral, we can opt to not use his business.  But what about when we have no choice?  What happens when he acts as an agent of the government, of the police department?

My insurance company, USAA, was stunned when I advised him of the storage fees.  I do not have full coverage on that car (my fault) so the unsiurance company did not reimburse me.  Either way, they would have under full coverage and Steve Luongo Towing, Inc is using that as a reason to overcharge.

This is insurance fraud, plain and simple.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steve-Luongo-Towing-Inc/Glen-Riddle-Pennsylvania-19063/Steve-Luongo-Towing-Inc-Charges-220-for-overnight-storage-in-gravel-lot-Glen-Riddle-P-991691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steve Luongo Towing Inc.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If you are going to file a RipOff Report..at least be honest in it.

Steve Luongo Towing Inc. Charges $220 for overnight storage in gravel lot.
- No they did not charge you $220 for storage.

They charged you $95 for the tow, $100 for the storage, and $25 Administration(?) Fee.

My insurance company, USAA, was stunned when I advised him of the storage fees

- I bet they were, especially if you told them the storage fees were $220.

Just out of curiosity...what do you think would have been a fair price to charge you?