Complaint Review: Steven Gray

• Reported By: glory — Wilmington Delaware United States of America
Steven Gray
359 Beach Road Burlingame, California United States of America

Steven Gray A1-Locksmith Service unAmerican stealing Burlingame, California

*Author of original report: Steven Gray A1-Locksmith Service - Acceptable Response

*Consumer Comment: I agree.

*Consumer Comment: What the heck does this have to do with being an American?

On December 28, 2011, I bought a small cash box online from Steven Gray - doing business as A1-Locksmith Service.  On January 17, 2012, I called Mr. Gray because I had not received the item.  He said an additional $11 was required for shipping costs.  I paid that amount on that same date via PayPal to Mr. Gray.

On February 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2012, I talked with Mr. Gray because the item still had not arrived.  Mr. Gray said various things on those dates: "call back tomorrow for the tracking number", "give me your email address again", "you will get an email on Monday from the technician with the tracking number".  Horse chips!!  I never received the tracking number nor an answer or explanation from Mr. Gray and no product!

I read Mr. Gray's 'return goods policy' and sent an email to the customer service email address on February 13, 2012, requesting a full refund.  As of my March, 2012 credit card statement, no such refund has been applied to my account, no such refund has been received by me via any other means and the small cash box I ordered has not been received.

This was pure unadulterated stealing.  I complied with the payment request and received no product or refund - a totally unAmerican and unpatriotic act of theft by Mr. Gray.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steven-Gray/Burlingame-California-94010/Steven-Gray-A1-Locksmith-Service-unAmerican-stealing-Burlingame-California-857901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steven Gray

Steven Gray A1-Locksmith Service - Acceptable Response

AUTHOR: glory - (United States of America)

(Per this consumer resource website, a complaint cannot be deleted or removed but it can be updated.)

My update: On February 22, 2013, a year after I filed this complaint, Steven Gray/dba A-1 Locksmith Service sent me a full refund which included the additional shipping fee plus 10% interest; for a product I never received.

I agree.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Given the events of the last decade or so, I think it would be a stretch to call stealing "un-American".  It not only occurs, but appears to be condoned at the highest levels of government in America.  How long 'til the old cliche is changed to "As American as baseball, apple pie and mortgage fraud".

To the OP :  The simple solution to all this is to file a dispute with your credit card company.   If you paid with the card and got nothing, they usually refund you the same day.   Hurry up, though.  You only have a limited time after the charge appears on your statement to file a dispute.

What the heck does this have to do with being an American?

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

And how is stealing unpatriotic? I mean, stealing is wrong, but there is nothing particularly un-American about it.