Complaint Review: Steven Rohloff

*Author of original report: Apology

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Full Resolution

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Nicole Sitts Paris Guffey

Location: A locally owned Dance Studio

Steven Rohloff filed a complaint with me against one of my co-workers.

When I explained to him that the person who handled these types of complaints was on maternity leave, and therefore it would take some extra time to review the issue, he became very flustered and began making thinly veiled threats of violence (He, Steven Rohloff, "worked out and could handle things", and "if we didn't deal with the employee then he would at the next dance") toward my co-worker "if he wasn't dealt with" by a certain date.

It was absolutely terrifying to listen to his threats while being alone in the studio.

Steven Rohloff continued to call the studio and tell the same story to other staff members. He informed them that he would "write bad stuff" about the studio online if we didn't "deal with the employee".

Please note that Steven Rohloff was only an occasional attendee of a studio hosted dance, he was not an actual student. However instead of simply refraining from attending the dance until the issue could be looked into he decide to stress a new-mother with threats against her business's reputation and violence against her employee if his time-line wasn't met.

After speaking to several people who were at the dances in question and reviewing the VIDEO FOOTAGE of the dances Steven Rohloff attended is was obvious that the issue he complained about simple did not exist.

The owner decided that she did not want Steven Rohloff to return to the studio and a letter was sent to Steven Rohloff requesting that he partake of another venue's dances. It included the normal notification that if he did return he would be trespassing and we would call the police, along with the Oregon statues referring to citizen's arrest.

Steven Rohloff replied very politely that he respected the decision and would not return to the studio. He apologized for his intimidating comments toward the staff. He did not request a refund of his girlfriend's $5 for either of the dances that she paid for him to attend.

He then spent the entire weekend posting a highly fictionalized and slanderous version of his complaint on any website he could find. Including a demand for a written apology and a full refund (to the woman who paid for him, I wonder?).

I demand that Steven Rohloff gives me and my co-worker written apologies for smearing our names and reputations for no other reason than being mad that he didn't "win" his complaint against my co-worker.

I would also suggest that any dance venue in the Portland area consider carefully before admitting Steven Rohloff onto their property.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2011 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steven-Rohloff/Salem-Oregon-/Steven-Rohloff-threatened-employees-and-harrased-business-Salem-Oregon-724650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steven Rohloff

Apology

AUTHOR: Dancer - (United States of America)

I would like to say I am sorry for posting the original complaint against Mr. Rohloff. I am not Nicole, Paris, or anyone officially involved in the disagreement. I just go there a lot and I got so mad when I saw the stuff Mr. Rohloff was saying that to give him a taste of being on the other end.

It was irresponsible of me to do that. and I want to apologize to Nicole for posting from her view, to Paris for agreveting the situation, and to Mr. Rohloff for posting about him when I hadnt met him and did not know everything about his complaint. and just generally say I'm sorry for sticking my nose in other people's business.

Nicole asked me to take this post down, but the site doesn't allow that so I am posting this apology. I am glad that they have worked things out, Nicole said he isn't a bad guy and it was just a weird turn of events that briefly spun out of control.

Again I'm sorry for making it worse.

G

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Full Resolution

AUTHOR: Steven - (United States of America)

Please allow me this method to let it be known that I have spoken with the studio manager of "The Ballroom Dance Company" today and my concerns regarding management and instructor conduct have been resolved 100%.
The studio manager "Nicole Sitts" was VERY receptive and courteous towards me today and I felt much better after my discussion with Nicole Sitts.
As I have stated prior, "The Ballroom Dance Company" in Tigart, Oregon is the biggest and best ballroom dance studio in Oregon.
I would recommend "The Ballroom Dance Studio" to anyone interested in ballroom dancing.
Also, thank you Nicole for your kind attention to this issue.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Nicole Sitts Paris Guffey

AUTHOR: Steven - (United States of America)

Three weeks ago I attended a Sunday group lesson and party afterwards at The Ballroom Dance Company in Tigard Oregon. It was a lot of fun until an angry male named "Paris Guffey" decided to get reckless and aggressive
towards me and my dance partner, cutting into us at sharp angles,
coming out of nowhere. I had to literally pull my partner out of the
way to keep her from being ran over by Paris Guffey not once but
several times.

I tried to be a good sport about it and not say anything thinking that Paris Guffey must be new here of something. Then two weeks later I came back to attend another Sunday group lesson and party. Once again there was
Paris Guffey crashing over my partner and I, and once again I'm pulling her out of his way to keep from being ran over by Paris Guffey, only this time I come to find out that Paris Guffey isn't new here he's the instructor!
Again I tried to "look the other way" and not say anything, but Monday morning after I had had time to think about the reckless aggressive behaviour of Paris Guffey I decided it would a good idea for the sake of everyone to call the Ballroom Dance Company and let the manager know how Paris Guffey was behaving towards guests and amateur dancers. That turned out to be big mistake, here's what happened:
On Monday I called The Ballroom Dance Company and asked to speak to the manager, Nicole Sitts answered the phone and tells me that there is no manager present and then asks me to to leave a message for Sunnie Page. When I told Nicole Sitts what had happened, the first words out of her mouth were "one of you two won't be allowed back at The Ballroom Dance Company again!"

I remember thinking why would Nicole Sitts make this decision if she's not the manager? Then Nicole Sitts told me that there's no way that something can be done about this issue with Paris Guffey before the next group lesson and party on the following Sunday, so I told Nicole Sitts in that case that I would tell Paris Guffey myself to curb his reckless aggressive dance style. I also told Nicole Sitts that I did not feel comfortable doing that nor did I feel like it was my job to correct Paris Guffey's behaviour.

I waited for three days and heard nothing from The Ballroom Dance Company managers or owners. On Thursday I called to see if my complaint had been addressed, Lisa answered the phone and told me that so far nothing had been done, I then told Lisa that if something didn't get done about Paris Guffey by Sunday that I would complain on Yelp.com as well as other online venues.

Then on Friday I received a blistering email loaded with legal threats, legal code and state jurisdiction information along with information that when skilled dancers are on the floor at The Ballroom Dance Company that social dancers should not be there too! This goes against everything I have been told and instructed on for 16 years at various ballroom dance studios, the
rules and dance etiquette are clear that instructors, pros, and competition dancers are to show courtesy and yield to amateurs, elderly and children who may be sharing the dance floor.

Nicole Sitts goes on to inform me that Paris Guffey is a "highly skilled dancer". That really made me feel sick actually, because Paris Guffey has two huge problems with his dancing:
1. Too much pro-am and instruction from a female have made his dancing very "feminine" in other words Paris Guffey now dances like a girl, and I'm not saying this mean spirited either, it's true.
2. Paris Guffey's floor craft which is a term he has never heard of before equates to a dancing circus animal, or zero. This bozo has no floor craft.
Despite the fact that the owner of The Ballroom Dance Company, Sunnie Page is actually a total class act herself and that the facility itself is the biggest and best in the state of Oregon, I give The Ballroom Dance Company a 1 star rating and if I could give them a 0 star rating I would do that instead.

The management team and rules regarding instructor conduct need overhauling at this studio, period. I appreciate The Ballroom Dance
Company's respect for this complaint and I wish Nicole "Ditz" and Paris "Run-Away-Truck" Guffey the best in finding new students to run over on the dance floor, insult and threaten with legal jargons ORS 133.225 / ORS 161.255.
PS: Nothing short a written letter of apology plus a full refund for the last two episodes I endured at The Ballroom Dance Company will change my thinking for this rude display and flagrant disregard for others.
Regardless, I would never go to this studio again if you paid me to.