Complaint Review: Steven & Scott Mehr Bail Bonds

• Submitted: Thu, March 26, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 22, 2012

• Reported By:Santa Ana California
Steven & Scott Mehr Bail Bonds
515 N Harbor Blvd Anaheim, California U.S.A.

Steven & Scott Mehr Bail Bonds Horribly Unethical. STRONGARM TACTICS. Tried to force us to use them! Anaheim California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Very Unhappy

I needed to bail my father out so I called around to a few companies that I found in the phone book. Mehr's Bail Bonds was one of those companies. When I finally selected the company I wanted to use, that company went to post the bail bond only to find out that the Mehr's already posted it. I never authorized the Merh's to post the bond, I never paid them any money, and I never signed any contracts with them.

I phoned them up immediately to demand they pull their bond. They made all kinds of threats, told me it was only going to delay my dad getting released from custody, and treated me very rudely. In fact, they DID NOT pull the bond at that time. Instead, they went in to the jail to visit my father and told them I was working with them to get him released. All he had to do was sign the paperwork. He thought it was fishy and refused to sign as well. The tried to fool him into using their company even though I had already paid another company for the service.

Several hours later, the Mehr's finally pulled their bond and the other company was able to get my father released from custody. I believe the Mehr's delayed my dad from being released in a timely manner.

Having a family member arrested is a very difficult situation. It's horrible that a company like the Mehr's would make matter so much more stressful with their unethical business practices. I have reported the issue to the California Department of Insurance and they assure me that they are investigating the matter.

Rogue
Santa Ana, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2009 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steven-Scott-Mehr-Bail-Bonds/Anaheim-California-92805/Steven-Scott-Mehr-Bail-Bonds-Horribly-Unethical-STRONGARM-TACTICS-Tried-to-force-us-to-437883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steven & Scott Mehr Bail Bonds

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Very Unhappy

AUTHOR: unhappy - (United States of America)

Mehr bail bonds lead me to believe they were local, they were not.  Like sharks looking for prey.  I told them I was going to use another bail company Luna Bail which they were not much better.  Mehr Bail Bonds told me today they are going to post bail away and I would have to pay them.  R they crazy, my god talk about holding you a gun point. All this bail bonds company do was stress me out, I was already upset.  Luna finally bail my friend out but they took for ever, hours & hours later my friend got out. I will never bail another person out of jail again thanks to these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!