Complaint Review: Stevens Creek Chrysler Jeep Dodge

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: RLV — Sunnyvale California
Stevens Creek Chrysler Jeep Dodge
4100 Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose, California USA

Stevens Creek Chrysler Jeep Dodge Josh ,kid floor manager, Unknown ,older Persian, salesman/manager humiliation, discrimination and misrepresentation San Jose California

*Author of original report: They KNEW MY SITUATION

*Consumer Comment: Here's Why

*General Comment: Wasted their time...

I was contacted by the dealership by mail that they wanted my car for their lot. Following up on the letter, I spoke to someone who was going to give me an appraisal and give me "top KBB value" for it. Upon going in (after getting my car completely cleaned and ready for her interview), the salesman I had been speaking with by phone was busy so he passed me to his (kid) floor manager for help. I just got through dealing this absolutely rude sales manager, who was only willing to give me half of what I was originally offered and was disrespectful, rude and insensitive, especially when they found out I couldn't afford to make car payments since I'm not working. Although I kept asking for the original salesperson I spoke with, he never did resurface. Instead I was kicked out of their showroom, as though I was wasting their time. Felt as though I could was possibly discriminated against because of my socioeconomic status or possibly my age. Sitting in my car doing this review on their lot before I left, another even MORE disrespectful (older Persian) salesman approached my car and told me I was trespassing! I told him I'd be finished in a minute it & would leave. He cussed me out with words of obscenity and threatened to call the police on me! I have never ever been so humiliated and treated with such disregard than going into a place like this. I haven't read the other reviews on this dealership but I am by all means even report them to the Better Business Bureau after this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2014 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stevens-Creek-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge/San-Jose-California-95129/Stevens-Creek-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Josh-kid-floor-manager-Unknown-older-Persian-salesma-1151152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stevens Creek Chrysler Jeep Dodge

They KNEW MY SITUATION

AUTHOR: RLV - ()

The Salesperson was VERY familiar with my situation, and they had told me that they would "give me TOP KBB" and if I could not find a car for that price on their lot, they would cut me a check. He knew right away there was no chance of me financing nor was I in any position to make car payments as I was disabled from a recent surgery. Even after his comment, the GM told me (on the phone) they couldn't do better than giving me top TRADE-IN VALUE for the car, and that I should research KBB for that figure. I did that and came back with the amount requested. That's when I was told that they didn't use KBB for their appraisal, by the floor manager.

Maybe I was too naive by believing what the first salesman & GM had told me, knowing my situation, but I trusted that I wouldn't be misled. I didn't come to them, THEY CAME TO ME...asking for my car for their lot iin a letter. I never would have approached them on my own, nor even consider that.

In any event, though I did not report to BBB, I did file a complaint with Consumer Affairs because of the way it came down: I was verbally abused, humiliated, embarrased and treated like doo-doo because I didn't have $ beyond the trade-in (which was 1/2 of the amount quoted online)

I did also contact their HR Director to inform them as to the unprofessional personnel they have on staff. They are getting to the bottom of this because I never should have been forced to walk into the lion's den that I did.

Here's Why

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Although treating you without respect is not acceptable, they viewed you as someone who could not be financed because of a lack of income.  You were not a qualified prospect.  Of course, if you could prove you did not need financing, that would be a different story!  Now, onto another statement you made..."report them to the BBB".  The BBB is NOT part of ANY government agency.  The BBB has ZERO POWERS to do anything.  Anyone who wants to be a "member", buys the "membership".  They also buy the phoney "accreditation".  When it comes to deception and fraud in business, the BBB is part of it!

#3 General Comment

Wasted their time...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Ofcourse they are upset with you, YOU WASTED THEIR TIME!!! So you get a generic mailer and seek to take advantage of it. But you cant afford to even make payments. So in essence YOU ARE NOT A CUSTOMER!!! How were you disrespected?? because once they found out you had no money and no plans to get another vehicle, they do not wish to do business with you? THATS what you are calling direspected?? How were you discriminated against?? How were THEY to KNOW your socioeconomic "situation" until you TOLD THEM that you were not interested in a car?? SOunds to me that you had a plan in mind and they DID NOT let you follow through with that plan. You do realize there are three sides to every story. You make yourself out to be a victim, but in NO WAY have you been victimized. Im betting that if we heard from the dealership we would get an ENTIRELY different story. Probably how YOU came in and since you were handed off to a KID, you were insulted. AGE young or old doesnt matter. The KID probably had much more experience in dealing with cars then you have. And I dont mean because you have spent so many years pressing the right pedal to go. The kid may have been young but Im betting he was MUCH more mature then YOU were that day. YOU are supposed to be the "wise" one, the "mature" one. But you state in your own post............

During the NORMAL course of a business day, YOU wouldnt be threatened with being trespassed UNLESS you had done something to BE trespassed on. Yep, not only did you make a scene because you did not get your way, but you have been a racist and a cyberbully online because of it. Just because YOU DID NOT GET YOUR WAY doesnt mean you have the right to make up fake reviews. YOU WERE THE PROBLEM, they told you NO. THAT was hteir ONLY crime. EVERYTHING else that followed is due to YOU and YOUR behaviour. Why is it when YOU screw up its EVERYONE ELSES FAULT???