Complaint Review: Stevens Creek Toyota

• Reported By: Stephanie — Los Gatos California
Stevens Creek Toyota
4202 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, California USA

John Questionable Repairs and Gouge Pricin San Jose California

My last three service visits have had a pattern of highly questionable pricing ethics at Stevens Creek Toyota: #1: Minor service, costing $80.00; upon pick up, agent said I needed the cabin filter replaced; $75. 00 for the filter and $50.00 labor. I declined and asked the location of filter. Told behind the glove box. I purchased an upgraded filter for 5.00 and installed it myself. #2: A service-$400, and told my timing belt needed replacement on <50,000 mile Camry. I authorized the work and at pick up was told my cabin filter needed replacement. I asked the cost, told the same $125.00. I told the agent that I just replaced it myself for $5.00 and I it was understandable for them to charge but not gouge. He looked caught but offered no apology. #3: A major service-$600.00, and a call indicating a torn bellows boot and leaking power steering fluid, costing $1300.00 more. I proceeded asking questions: How does a boot get ripped? Response: Something can fly up under the car and rip it. There was no instance of such while I was driving the car. Question: How much fluid leaked out? Response: it was empty, in the red. The fluid was full when I took it in, no light was lit on the dashboard, and there was no noise when turning the wheel that would occur if there was no fluid. The car-a 2005 with <60,000 miles has had some major repairs in contrast with the mileage that I would expect at >100,000 miles. I declined the repair; Goodyear told me I definitely would have heard the noise from no fluid and although the boot was ripped, the repair was not needed. I also had an alignment performed at that time and the car pulls to the right. There is no way of proving the service dept mechanic intentionally ripped the boot, but nothing flew up into my undercarriage while I was driving and there was no sound symptom of no fluid. The reality is cars in general are not selling these days due to the state of our economy, and dealerships are hurting. I won't go back. As if the $30,000.00 purchase was not enough, they gouge returning customers for service. Gouged enough.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2014 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stevens-Creek-Toyota/San-Jose-California-95157/John-Questionable-Repairs-and-Gouge-Pricin-San-Jose-California-1139973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stevens Creek Toyota