Complaint Review: Stevens West Inc

• Updated: Sat, April 09, 2011

• Reported By: Shipperguyz — United States of America
Stevens West Inc
1212 Kerr Gulch Rd Internet United States of America

Stevens West Inc FRAUDULENT SHIPPING COMPANY CHARGES DOUBLE AFTER THE JOB Internet

My company was working with Stevens West Inc trying to ship a CNC Lathe (Machine) via truck. We paid Stevens West upfront for the complete job. The day of the move I recieved a phone call from Stevens West (after everything was loaded onto the truck and moving) saying that they loaded more equipment than they quoted me and have to charge me more. Just about double.

We never received a phone call asking for authorization to load more equipment than quoted, not till after the truck was already gone. On the phone they made it sound like if we didn't agree with the extra charge the truck it would not make it to my customer. It was a $60,000 machine.

After the machine was dropped off I then started receiving calls from their accounting non-stop asking for authoriztion to charge my credit card. I stated to them in an email that I was not happy with their service and wanted the extra charge taken off. They declined to do so and ended up charging my card without consent from my company.

We have tried to fight this with my bank but it has been very difficult, close to impossible to recoup the funds.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2011 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stevens-West-Inc/internet/Stevens-West-Inc-FRAUDULENT-SHIPPING-COMPANY-CHARGES-DOUBLE-AFTER-THE-JOB-Internet-715734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stevens West Inc