Complaint Review: Stevenson Memorials

• Updated: Mon, July 11, 2011

• Reported By: Janet6648 — Dover Ohio United States of America
Stevenson Memorials
1106 E. High Avenue New Philadelphia,, Ohio United States of America

Stevenson Memorials Owner, Clare Stevenson didn't perform as advertised in phone book and website New Philadelphia,, Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Stevenson Memorials Cares for there customers

I ordered a grave marker for my mother's remains. Told them I wanted to see the stone when it came in. Didn't get to. They called about a month later and said "stone is set, job completed". My mother's remains had not been buried. Had my family drive over from 100 miles away and when we got to the cemetery the stone was set in the opposite direction of how it should have been. The owner said he would "do right by me". He did get the stone re-set correctly but only offered me 20% off the remaining bill. These are the mistakes they made: 1) Did not let me approve the stone, 2) Did not tell me that I had 1 too many lines and that prohibited it from looking like my father's which was my main concern, 3) The stone was set before my mother's remains were buried, and lastly 4) Set the stone in the opposite direction of all the other stones. Called several times to dispute the remaining balance and when I finally got him on the phone I told him I would like the account marked Paid In Full because of the devastation and aggravation that my family will endure everytime we go to the cemetery. He refused; told him my attorney would call and he said"have him do that, bye" and hung up on me.  Cannot every plant flowers because of where she had to end up being buried. I had already paid him 1/2 and the balance remaining was $282.76. He wants $718.88 for a stone that I am not happy with and he already got $359.44 from me. His phone book ad says "Design Pre-Approval" and website says "quality customer service", to which our family got neither.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2011 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stevenson-Memorials/New-Philadelphia-Ohio-44663/Stevenson-Memorials-Owner-Clare-Stevenson-didnt-perform-as-advertised-in-phone-book-and-751478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stevenson Memorials

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Stevenson Memorials Cares for there customers

AUTHOR: Steckman's Memorials Inc. - ()

Stevenson Memorials has been in business since 1928 and has earned a good reputation in the community.  As for the customer in question, Stevenson Memorials always has the customer come in and approve a layout before the work is complete.  We got the approval and then it was schedualed for instalation.  We did one mistake and that was to place it facing the wrong direction.  We corrected that and even offered him a 20% discount.  We always want our customers to be satisfied and content.