Complaint Review: StickNFind Technologies

• Updated: Thu, March 13, 2014

• Reported By: Matt — Kansas City Missouri
StickNFind Technologies
3201 Griffin Rd, Suite 200 Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

StickNFind Technologies has lied to hundreds of backers of the "Meter Plug". Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Author of original report: Response received. They will not budge.

StickNFind begun a campaign to fund a new power monitoring product call Meter Plug on the Indiegogo crowd sourcing website on December 12, 2012. The campaign raised $127,900 of it $70,000 goal when the campaign ended on January 29, 2013. Several different backer perks were offered including a minimum offering of $45 for 1 Meter Plug all the way up to a $3,000 company pack which included 100 Meter Plugs. According to the campaign the perks would be sent in April of 2013.

The website for the campaign is http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/meterplug-lower-your-electricbill-measure-real-electric-cost/x/1117467.

I backed for 2 Meter Plugs at a cost of $85. The perk was titled "EARLY BIRD! -2 MeterPlugs" which in hindsight is actually pretty funny as there is no way anyone would consider this to be early bird.

Since the campaign has ended there have been 5 updates sent out by the Stick N Find team mostly telling everyone that UL certification has pushed the finalization of the product design out longer than expected. The most recent update over 1 month ago claimed the same thing and that the Meter Plug would be finished soon.

I have personally commented on the indiegogo campaign page numerous times asking for more information and if there was a date they expected to ship. Most responses were through email from someone on the support team essentially telling me the same thing the update did. I have also asked for a refund many times both through email and when I have called directly. I was told that they could not offer a refund because of the circumstances under which I bought my perk. I feel that the company should be obligated to backers who want them since they did not deliver their product within a year of their campaign ending.

It is now March of 2014 and not only do we not have our perks but we are also not being communicated with as far as explaining progress and dates of importance.

Because of the lack of communication and refusal to refund backers due to their "complications" I feel that this company has tricked the 1198 backers into funding "vaporware" that they have never developed or plan to ship to the backers.

At this point I am not interested in the product any longer because if it is a real product and it took that long to get UL certification I am not sure I will trust to not burn my apartment down. I would much rather have a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2014 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StickNFind-Technologies/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33312/StickNFind-Technologies-has-lied-to-hundreds-of-backers-of-the-Meter-Plug-Fort-Lauderd-1130580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on StickNFind Technologies

Response received. They will not budge.

AUTHOR: Matt - ()

this is the response I received when I informed them that I filed this report.

Hello Matthew,

Again I apologize for the inconvenience but we cannot provide a refund because the item that you have purchased through Indiegogo, was purchased at a special price based on the Stick-N-Find sticker's campaign and therefore.

We are aiming towards late April but we do not want to make any guarantees regarding the ETA, however we can guarantee that you will receive you package and you will receive a product that will satisfy and exceed your expectations. I apologize again for the delay.
Best Regards,

Daniela E.

Visit our support pagehttp://support.sticknfind.com/ "