Complaint Review: Sticky Buddy

• Updated: Thu, June 21, 2012

• Reported By: Dianne — Los Angeles California United States of America
Sticky Buddy

Sticky Buddy Telebrands misleading payment practice Internet

What: Sticky Buddy is misleading when placing an order resulting in customer paying more than anticipated without recourse.

How:  On the website one is asked whether one wants to pay $6 for shipping and handling and wait up to 6-8 weeks to receive the package (a tool for grabbing pet hair $10) OR pay $9 to receive in a week.  I chose the $9 option figuring my total would be $10 + $9 = $19.
Once I gave my credit card number there was no follow up page letting me know the charges before I accepted to pay. So when I clicked 'next' it went to a page that told me thank you and I owed them $34!!

I tried to contact their customer service number  1-800-777-4034 (M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time) but they NEVER pick up and just tell you their line is busy call back later.

Now I can see a charge for $25  processing in my account with a warning that it might be more once it actually is going through. It turns out they are charging $10 for the item plus the $6 "shipping and handling" PLUS the $9 for getting it there faster. In which case they should have said $6 for 6-8 weeks or $15 shipping in one week.  I am disputing this charge with my bank because it was misleading. I would have never paid $25 for this product and they are clearly doing this as a scam which is why they won't answer their phones. Oh yea they said i could send the product back and get a refund for the product but not the "shipping and handling". So they have now made $15 minus the cost of sending it probably about $5. Total SCAM from New Jersey.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2012 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sticky-Buddy/internet/Sticky-Buddy-Telebrands-misleading-payment-practice-Internet-900986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sticky Buddy