Complaint Review: Stierlin Square

• Updated: Fri, July 26, 2013

• Reported By: Glen C — Mountain View California
Stierlin Square
405 Stierlin Mountain View, California USA

Stierlin Square Stierlin ArmsCowell PropertiesCarriage HouseShorelineHiddenGardenMaple Lane Fabricated damages to carpet and walls in order to deduct from security deposit Mountain View California

Moved in September of 2011. Their website is http://www.cowellproperties.com/Stierlin_Square.html, or just http://www.cowellproperties.com

Frequent smell of marijuana. Routinely had my laundry tampered with by some neighbors. There is a security camera in the laundry room, but when my laundry was tampered with I was told that it was not connected to a security system.

Rent was raised six months after moving in.

Please see the following album of photographs I took after I cleaned the apartment when I vacated: http://www.flickr.com/photos/99435567@N04/sets/72157634798143835//
I was told that the walls needed to be repainted, that the carpet was in a 'filthy' condition, and had $230 deducted from my security deposit to repair the damage. It is plain to see that there is nothing wrong with the apartments. The carpets were steam cleaned and the walls were cleaned from floor to ceiling. [continued below]....

.....

There was faulty wiring on the back porch which caused the light to burn out after about 3 days. Upon moving, management tried to charge me $3 to replace the bulb.

My CO2 sensor went off at one point, and PG&E came out and told me I needed to get my filter cleaned on my gas heater. The manager Steve tried to do this himself, and when PG&E came out they told me the filter was not clean or safe for use. Steve cleaned it again, and although this time it was acceptable by PG&E standards, he got soot all over my carpet beneath the heater.

On more than one occasion, the general manager, Steve Sandburg, entered my apartment without permission.

The manager, Nancy Sandburg, frequently avoids any responsibility. She says she is 'just a middle man' between the tenants and Cowell properties. Don't waste your time going to her with any complaints. This seems to be a consensus among everyone I've spoken with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stierlin-Square/Mountain-View-California-94043/Stierlin-Square-Stierlin-ArmsCowell-PropertiesCarriage-HouseShorelineHiddenGardenMaple-La-1070303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stierlin Square