Complaint Review: Stillman Law Office

• Updated: Sun, March 24, 2013

• Reported By: JTJ — Northville Michigan
Stillman Law Office
7091 Orchard Lake Road # 270 West Bloomfield, Michigan United States of America

Stillman Law Office Never received ANY NOTICE of Some Unfamiliar Debt.; then they come and Take our Family Vehicle West Bloomfield, Michigan

On Sunday, March 24, 2013, the sheriffs department comes to our door. The officer presents us with a summons to Request and Order To Seize Property. The summons was granted on Sept. 8, 2005 for the sum of: $7,039.72, c/o: Stillman Law Office. Never were we never contacted by letter, telephone, or served (and signed) in person. We have no clue what this debt is.

We have had our credit ran several times and took care of a couple minor issues leaving us with a 680 credit score. We have had no knowledge of this and have no idea what or how this debt was uncured.

So if we were never served, phoned, notified by mail for a debt that never showed up in our credit reports, how can it be outstanding?

Needless to say, the sheriffs department left with my work vehicle on a flat bed. How can they show up all these years later (if it is a debt), and just take our vehicle.

I think the judge just signed it without knowledge of any of these circumstances. I think this was all illegal. What is the statute of limitations and don't you have to be notified of such an incident?

I am left with no vehicle to go to work and have to take the day off tomorrow to try to take care of this matter. This makes no sense? I have all my paperwork and credit reports that state that I have taken care of all the outstanding debts that I had.

Please advise me how I can find out what this debt could possibly be. The Plaintiffs names say:

Palisades Collections LLC Assignee of BANK ONE

C/O Stillman Law Office

Frustrated,

JTJ

Northville

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stillman-Law-Office/West-Bloomfield-Michigan-48322/Stillman-Law-Office-Never-received-ANY-NOTICE-of-Some-Unfamiliar-Debt-then-they-come-an-1037579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stillman Law Office