Complaint Review: Stone Caster Studio

• Submitted: Thu, September 27, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: Mspencer — oshkosh Wisconsin United States of America
Stone Caster Studio
4060 W Oquendo Road Suite A, Las Vegas, NV 89118 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Stone Caster Studio Shawn Romant Took a Paypal payment from me for $2395 in molds and never sent them in over a year! Las Vegas, Nevada

*Author of original report: Update march 2014

*Author of original report: Rebuttal 1

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We have gone back and taken care of our mistakes but we will not be taken advantage of.

We placed an order for a set of Ledgestone molds with Shawn Romant on July 19, 2011 in the amount of $2395. This was paid in full via Paypal. In the months following our order we received three bogus delivery dates. No molds arrived. In December of 2011 we filed complaints with the BBB and other consumer agencies. No results. We threatened to sue the company and we briefly got their attention and thought they were going to do the right thing, but then they got nasty and foul mouthed and refused to be honorable and provide us our order. Now they are trying to say they refunded our money, but there is no record of any refund with Paypal. They also wanted us to send them all our bank statements and Paypal statements. Fat chance. Now we are taking them to court for scamming us out of our money and what was supposed to be a means of income for our family.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stone-Caster-Studio/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89118/Stone-Caster-Studio-Shawn-Romant-Took-a-Paypal-payment-from-me-for-2395-in-molds-and-neve-947366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stone Caster Studio

Update march 2014

AUTHOR: Mspencer - ()

I filed a small claim against this company and was then contacted about the case as they had filed bancruptcy. It turns out they thought I had been refunded by PayPal and thus was trying to get free molds from them. I in turn had no idea they restructured and so thought they were ripping me off on my order.

They are now completing my original mold order and also helping me create a marketing plan and update my website to create a customer stream and get my stone business up and running.

Once all these steps are complete, I will update this file to let everyone know this business made good on my order and went above and beyond simply fulfilling an order to help my family cfreate a sustainable business.

Rebuttal 1

AUTHOR: Mspencer - (United States of America)

I expected another lie from this company and of course I was right. They can't man up and be honorable, just take your money and run and make up more excuses as to why they can't provide the products ordered over a year ago. Doesn't matter because they can't run from a court of law and they can't lie their way out of the evidence I will be presenting. It's sad when people like Shawn Romant resort to scamming honest folks. I'm not the first he's screwed and I doubt I'll be the last so I will be posting my story everywhere possible. See you in court Stone Caster Studio.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Stone Caster Studio - (United States of America)

It appears that this customers is trying to commit credit card fraud. We could be wrong but we need proof.

During the time that this customer ordered I actually stopped taking orders so that I could catch up on my back-orders.  We were going through a rough time back then and I didn't want to cause anymore problems for future customers.  I should have followed my instinct and not taken this order, but I gave in to their persistent emails and phone calls.  Oh well.  See directly below the submissions this customers sent us where he even says himself that he knew what situation we were in when he ordered.

from: Homestead formsubmission@homesteadsupport.com to: "cs@stonecasterstudio.com"
date: Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:58 PM subject: Your Web Site Received a Form Submissionmailed-by: homesteadsupport.com

This is my second email. I have not received a reply to the first yet, but maybe due to your move. I am in a real bind now as we just released our business addition, which was to be stone veneer using your molds. Had we known you were going to stop new orders we would have ordered pre July 4th. We are looking for Ledgestone molds with corners. This is going to really set us back now, especially with our building season half over already. When can we anticipate your being back to normal and  taking orders again? Thanks. Mark

I gave in to their request to place an order with us, but then I cancelled the invoice and they still wanted to order, take a look:

date: Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:30 PMsubject: Your Web Site Received a Form Submission

Shawn -  Was rather taken aback about your cancelling the invoice, but then I got your voicemail which explained it so just letting you know that we'd like you to put us down for an order when you can fit us into your schedule.

For now it is critical that we get 2-3 of the ledgestone molds only so that we can make some sample boards to go out and generate some sales. We'd also like to be on the order list for sometime end of August through September for the remainder of the initial order you cancelled (stone molds for entire set of ledgestone, corner molds, outlet, light, and sill).

Sorry we couldn't move fast enough. Had I known I would have told you we needed a few days.

Please keep us informed if you have time or just send an invoice when you can handle our order(s). Hope the move is working out.

Mark

After we took longer than we had hoped to get out their order, and once we finally sent the first package, this customer initiated a refund with Paypal and sent back the first package we sent them, see for yourself:

from: mark ****
to: Stone Caster Studio <cs@stonecasterstudio.com>
date: Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:19 PMsubject: Re: Order

Helena

Unfortunately to protect myself, I had to file for a refund as PayPal only protects me for 90 days from date of purchase for items not received. Since Shawn has taken almost the entire 90 days, has told me my order shipped THREE times now and it never did, I had to file. Unless you can provide a tracking number for me prior to October 19th, I will maintain the request for refund.    If you cannot ship by 10-19-11 then hold the order, refund my money and  when the order is truly ready to ship let me know, send me a new  invoice, and I will repay.

Mark

My father joined my company last year to help me get everything organized, which included taking care of customer like this one.  I totally forgot that the ****s initiated a charge-back with Paypal a few months prior. After this customer tried to double the amount of molds we owed them by pointing to a typo in the invoice, my father came to ask me about this situation.  After my father and I put all the pieces together we realized that the ****s may have already received their refund and are trying to pull a fast one on us, as they tried to pull a fast one by doubling their order for free.  Mark and Marci are fully aware that they paid for 50 square feet of molds and NOT 100, see for yourself:

mark spencer  to: Stone Caster Studio <cs@stonecasterstudio.com>
date: Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:48 PMsubject: Re: Your requested stone veneer mold invoicesigned-by: yahoo.com

Hi Shawn -

Just getting to my emails. Thanks for the guidance.

Marci is very excited about the free shipping. As such she would  like to know if that applies to an order for 50sqft, plus 10ft corners, plus one outlet mold, plus one light mold?

If yes let's just do it. Does the above come to $2440?  Is 50sqft the entire set of ledgestone molds (handcut)? Thanks for still offering the sill, we'd be grateful to have it. I can check mail tomorrow morning (and pay an invoice). Will be gone tomorrow late afternoon and evening. Back in Wednesday morning.

So after sending the above email how could Mark and Marcy tell my father that they ordered 100 square feet and not 50 square feet.  Again, see for yourself:

From: John Romant <jr@stonecasterstudio.com>
To: mark ****
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: Phone Call

Good Morning,

We are having issues with the quantity that you are claiming we owe.  For sure it is not 100 square feet and it seems that is more likely 50 square feet plus corners and trim.  I have the box with all of Stone Caster Studio's past correspondences with you coming today and I will confirm.  How did you you come up with 100 square feet?  Either way, we are in production now and on track to start sending out boxes by this coming monday.  What light weight aggregate do you have locally?  Do you want to use a premix or would you like to create your own concrete mix.

Thanks,John
twitter.com/stonecaststudio
stonecasterstudio.com
702-430-9033 9am - 5pm PST

From: "mark ****"   To:"John Romant" <jr@stonecasterstudio.com>Reply To:"mark ****" <wisarchief@yahoo.com> June 18, 2012 6:39 PM

my order was 100 sq ft - copy of Paypal invoice below.  I only ordered one mold for an outlet. Is there one for a light with a round or octagonal hole?

Sure enough their is  typo in the paypal invoice but it is just a typo, and Mark and Marci are fully aware of the quantity of molds they originally purchased.

Mark and Marci ****:
We NEVER told you that we refunded your money.  We wanted to make sure that YOUR credit card company did not refund your money.  If you received the refund you originally initiated through Paypal we WILL NOT send you ANYTHING since that would be helping you commit credit card fraud.

All we want is proof that you DID NOT receive the refund you initiated through Paypal. You are the one who initiated a charge-back are you not? Do you have proof that you cancelled the refund or that you did not receive it?

We asked for the bank statements related only to THIS transaction, not "All of your bank-statements" so that we can see that you are either lying or telling the truth.  If you did not receive a refund it will be reflected in your bank statement right?

We have gone back and taken care of our mistakes but we will not be taken advantage of.  We already told you that we would be more than happy to settle this issue in court.

By the way, the complaints you posted at the BBB and wherever else you went produced no results because we have already set a track record of going above and beyond to take care of our mistakes.

I would be more than happy to post more of our email correspondences so that the public can judge the situation for themselves.

We are more than happy to settle this issue in court since the court will require proof as well.  Thanks for giving us an opportunity to show the public how we deal with situation like this.

Sincerely.