Complaint Review: Stone Caster Studio

• Reported By: Robert — Sooke British Columbia Canada
Stone Caster Studio
4711 South Durango Dr. Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Stone Caster Studio Duplicitous chicanery Las Vegas, Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Thanks for updating this report Mark. We look forward to working with you.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We now have a workshop and a concrete mold store because of customers like you. Thanks!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We're glad things worked out and thanks for updating this report.

*Author of original report: I finally got my moulds.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THIS CUSTOMER HAS RECEIVED ALMOST DOUBLE THEIR ORIGINAL ORDER. PLEASE UPDATE THIS REVIEW ROBERT.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You must be kidding, we have sold thousands of square feet of molds. We are real and not a scam.

As far as internet scams go, this company is one of the best.

They have a nice looking website that seems legitimate. They have several videos on Utube demonstrating how to use their product and, lets face it, who would think that one would be ripped off buying stone molds.
But therein lies the craft of the charlatan, selling snake oil, except you don't get the snake oil.

On Feb 25, 2010 I sent these guys a money order for $508.90 (#5597320) for some stone molds ........ the fact that they wanted a money order should have raised the old "Red Flag" but remember, I'm buying stone molds from what appears to be a legitimate business.

Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out I never received a thing for my $508.90. I received a couple of BS emails in reply to my inquiries about my order then all subsequent emails and telephone calls were ignored. To busy spending the money on orders they did not fill.......... pretty good profit margin.

DO NOT send these people money as they will give you nothing in return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2011 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stone-Caster-Studio/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89147/Stone-Caster-Studio-Duplicitous-chicanery-Las-Vegas-Nevada-712766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stone Caster Studio

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Thanks for updating this report Mark. We look forward to working with you.

AUTHOR: Stone Caster Studio - ()

A few years ago during the "economic crash" our company had a hard time but we chose not to let our customers suffer because of it, so we filed bancruptcy but we still made good on our existing orders, even though we were not legally bound to do so.

After a while we found out that a few customers had already received their money back from the credit card chargeback process.  We were trying to do the right thing while a few customers were working hard to scam us.  We wrongly thought Mark was one of those scamming customers.

A few months ago we received an email from Mark notifiying us that he had found the package that we sent him a couple years prior. Here's a snippet from Marks email:

"I pretty much had given up on you guys ever doing the right thing, and I had all the paperwork ready to go to file a lawsuit against you, but I just never got around to filing it for some reason. I don't know about anyone else, but when a company takes $2395 of your money and you never see a single thing you ordered, you get pretty angry.

So to my utter surprise, I come home this afternoon after taking the kids to the YMCA, and there sits a box on my doorstep. I see on the label it is from Stone Caster Studio. I am shocked....really shocked!

I open the box to find 10 molds for Ledgestone from my order 2 years ago.  I don't know what to say. Whatever happened out there, a mishap with records, a mistake by an employee, whatever..... please know that as much as I literally bitched at you people about screwing me over, I have to be fair and say thank you for doing the right thing."
After receiving the above email from Mark this year we became suspicious because it's a pretty amazing story so we decided not to reply.  After a few weeks we received a notice that Mark was taking us to small claims court to get his money back.  If Mark was a scammer he would have never wanted to expose himself in a court so we decided to work things out with Mark.

We are under no legal obligation to take care of Marks order since we filed bancruptcy a couple years ago.  But we are under a moral obligation, so we are going to make sure Mark is well taken care of.  In the end we all realized that the middle man Paypal was the real problem since they shut everything down on our side after our bancruptcy which meant we couldn't access our records of who got their money back through the chargeback process.

Not being able to access our records costs us a lot of money and time.  In the end we sent well over $20,000.00 in refunds and back-orders to people who commited fraud on us by taking advantage of our commitment to our moral obligation.  But at the same time we gained customers who have been loyal to us for years.

We're grateful that everything is back on track with Mark and we look forward to being apart of his success as a stone veneer manufacturer.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Stone Caster Studio - (United States of America)

We now have a workshop and a concrete mold store because of customers like you.

Thanks again!
Stonecasterstudio.com

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We're glad things worked out and thanks for updating this report.

Thanks!

Happy Stone Making!
Shawn Romant
Founder
StoneCasterStudio.com

I finally got my moulds.

AUTHOR: Knobby - (Canada)

I must apologize for not updating this report sooner. My job had taken me to a remote part of the world with no internet access. This is the first opportunity I have had to file this report.

I did indeed finally receive my order, with some extra moulds, as was stated in Shawns follow up report. I have not had a chance to use the moulds, as of yet, but they look really good and I am looking forward to making some stone. Thanks Shawn.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Stone Caster Studio - (United States of America)

I'm not sure if this customer is going to keep their word to update this report but this customer has been sent their order.  Below is the final email that we sent to him, including the tracking number.  We are not a scam.

"Hello Robert,

Your order was completed and shipped out as of yesterday. USPS tracking number: CP811481835US.

My intention is to keep my word in all aspects of my life. After all of years I am finally at the point where I can say that Stone Caster is doing better than ever.  I had a choice to go bankrupt on all my past orders, including yours, but I chose to keep my word
regardless of what people were saying and doing to me, including   I hope you understand what type of person I am now. You had me wrong, but I understand where you were coming from.

To confirm, I have sent you with the above tracking number:
  $800.00 = 20 square feet of ledgestone molds at our current price of $40 per square foot.
+$113.51 = Shipping from USA to Canada
  $913.51 = Total cost

I hope you keep your word to update the ripoffreport. Also, no hard feelings on my part.  Feel free to contact me if you need help making stone veneer once the molds arrive.

Happy stone making!
Shawn"

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Stone Caster Studio - (United States of America)

You must have been hiding under a rock. You must not know what we have been going through as a company over the last 2 years because you got it completely wrong.  If you are a real customer you will be taken care of.  I have other people who have spread negativity around the internet about my company, and now they are my returning customers because I take care of all back-orders.

If you are a real customer, feel free to send me an email: cs@stonecasterstudio.com and you will be taken care of right away.

Regards,