Harbor

• Reported By: JohnnyRay — Magnolia Texas
Stone and Sons Marine
3410 Oak Forest houston, Texas USA

Stone and Sons Marine Sold me the wrong Part houston Texas

Back in december I purchaced a tilt and trim pump from Stone and Sons. I was not able to pick up due to work schedule running concurrent with their hours of operation. I specified what I was looking for several times and was told the part was in stock and ready for pickup. My dad was able to pick up for me but when I recieved the part I relized that it was not what I had specified and stressed in the conversation on the phone. I specifically was told to request a tilt and trim pump with a yellow knob not a white one by my boat mechanic. He said there was two of them and the white one was not what I needed. When I seen the white plug I immediatly called and was told it was an aftermarket product not the original from Mercury so that was why it was different in color. I took the boat to a different mechanic since my mechanic was unable to finish the work and had them install the pump. Once he filled with oil and mounted it on my boat he found out it was not going to work. I was unable to get a refund or any credit towards purchasing the right one since it already had the oil. Im not sure who is more at fault but when you call for a service, one you may know very little about you trust the providers knowledge. The part was slightly over $400 Im hoping I can sell for at least half the price.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stone-and-Sons-Marine/houston-Texas/Stone-and-Sons-Marine-Sold-me-the-wrong-Part-houston-Texas-1067376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stone and Sons Marine