Complaint Review: Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, October 28, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2008

• Reported By:Torrance California
Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc.
2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75075-8200 Internet U.S.A.

Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc. Aka Leisure Plus Would not allow cancellation Plano, TX Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs Manager

*Consumer Suggestion: CONTACT THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY

I have repeatedly tried to cancel my leisure plus service that's charged $7.95 per month on my credit card for nearly the last 10 years (that's almost $1000!) I've never used the service, because either they didn't have good travel deals, or the deals weren't applicable to me. I tried in the last few years to cancel services, but without the right phone number, they would not allow me to cancel, saying they could not find the account. I'm not sure why your name and credit card number was not sufficient. The only way I was able to remember the phone number from 10 years ago was I remembered I had created an account online that had my profile information. I was able to access this site (www.leisureplusmembers.com) and obtain my profile telephone number.

When speaking to a service representative over the phone, they could not cancel the service without the phone number. When I asked to speak with the manager, they said "we don't do it like that." I'm not sure what that meant, but I was never able to speak with a supervisor for that representative (JoAnn, and later Hanai).

When I finally found my phone number online, and spoke with the 2nd representative, she insisted I keep the service. I firmly declined, and yet after she confirmed the service would be cancelled, she tried to sell me disability insurance in the same sentence. Unbelieveable.

-Mark

Mark
Torrance, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2008 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stonebridge-Benefit-Services-Inc/internet/Stonebridge-Benefit-Services-Inc-Aka-Leisure-Plus-Would-not-allow-cancellation-Plano-TX-385572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc.

Consumer Affairs Manager

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

At LeisurePlus nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

CONTACT THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

If you have been fighting this for 10 years - you have been fighting the wrong group.

Also file complaints against this worthless membership program with the Federal Trade Commission