sum

• Submitted: Fri, August 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 28, 2008

• Reported By:Port Arthur Texas
Stop N Shop
5266 Gulfway Drive Port Arthur, Texas U.S.A.

Stop N Shop allow my creditcard to be use by someone else, which had been lost Port Arthur Texas

*Consumer Comment: Did you report the cards as lost?

*Consumer Comment: If I found your credit card

*Consumer Comment: Question...

my creditcard was allowed to use two (2) times for $100.00 each time by someone else

Thomas
Port Arthur, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2008 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stop-N-Shop/Port-Arthur-Texas-77642/Stop-N-Shop-allow-my-creditcard-to-be-use-by-someone-else-which-had-been-lost-Port-Arthur-363473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stop N Shop

Did you report the cards as lost?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

If you did, then the bank is at fault for authorizing the transactions. If you didn't, then as the account owner you would be liable.

Of course, the ultimate responsibility falls on the person who used your card.

If I found your credit card

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

If I found your creditcard I would of tried to find your name and # in the phone book . If I could not find it I would of called the 800# on the back and reported it lost for you. I know not very many folks do this I did this for a couple of people when they called back @ my place of employment I told them what I did and they thanked me for it

Question...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

Did you call and report it lost when you couldn't find it? Unfortunately most stores do not request an ID on a purchase and it this was done at the pump the the clerk didn't even see the card. This is why it's so important to make sure where you cards are at all times and to report them lost as soon as possible. You should be able to be reimbursed for the fraud transactions.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC