• Report: #20118

• Submitted: Fri, May 03, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, May 03, 2002

• Reported By:Austin TX
Storage USA
1905 E William Cannon Dr # B Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Storage USA Storage USA released confidential information, the business that doesn't give a dam, abused & mistreated Austin Texas

My boyfriend's ex had recently tried to break down his apartment door so, needless to say, he had to move in a hurry (she's insane!!!). We chose Storage USA for all his furniture until he could find a new place to stay.

So we trucked all the belongings into his unit, then went out to speak to one of the ladies who worked there (I wish I could remember her damned name). She seemed really polite, and very sympathetic when we explained the situation. We did not tell his ex that he was moving.

Nevertheless, the ex called him that night, asking why he moved all of his stuff into the Storage USA. We were PISSED when we found out that the lady at the Storage USA, having known my boyfriend and his ex back when they were together, had the AUDACITY to call her on the phone and tell her what was going on. The Storage USA employee really f*cked up when she released that information, which, if I understand correctly, is illegal??? Especially knowing what happened. We had to deal with the ex's rage/jealousy, and my boyfriend unfortunately lost two weeks of visitation with his daughter because that bitch released his PRIVATE information to someone not involved.

Needless to say, we moved into UHaul Storage within a week. We came into USA and filled out a complaint form, and we probably should have reported her butt to corporate or whatever but we were already tired of dealing with the ex to start another tirade with another individual.

In any case, I know that this may not seem important to anyone else here, but I consider my privacy and everyone else's privacy of the UTMOST importance, and not something to be *gossiped* away in a moment of pity.

E
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2002 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Storage-USA/Austin-Texas-78744/Storage-USA-Storage-USA-released-confidential-information-the-business-that-doesnt-give-20118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Storage USA