Complaint Review: Store Detective Association

• Submitted: Mon, July 20, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 05, 2011

• Reported By:los angeles California
Store Detective Association
6819 Sepulveda Blvd Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

Store Detective Association - Retail Undercover Association Job Advertisement Rip off Van Nuys California

*General Comment: Word to the wise

*Consumer Comment: File a report with the FTC

*Consumer Comment: Coincidence?

*Consumer Comment: Classy!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THATS NOT OUR STYLE MAYBE IN YOUR TOWN..

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THATS NOT OUR STYLE MAYBE IN YOUR TOWN..

*Consumer Comment: Maybe I am an idiot.....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: TO MR.YUP YUP YUP VERY EDUCATED WORDS

*Consumer Comment: Yup yup it's a RIP OFF for sure

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: To the unhappy camper

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I HAVE OVER 100 L.P. MANAGERS CELL PHONE #S AND A LIST OF HIRES

*Consumer Comment: We've placed thousands of LP agents, yaaaa right!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: WE HAVE PLACED THOUSANDS OF L.P. AGENTS

*UPDATE Employee: I GOT A JOB ON MY FIRST INTERVIEW

*UPDATE Employee: Retail Undercover Association helped me find a great job no regrets

This company recently changed their name from Store Detective Association (which they are listed on this site as) to a new name- Retail Undercover Association; a salesman Graig informed me of this in my interview. I can see why they did too. They are listed here as well as the BBB with a horrible rating and complaints. I did not find out until it was too late for myself. Basically they advertise on Craigslist and Newspapers; openings for Loss Prevention Agents in Retail Stores. But you must invest $300 for their training program, then "they will get you interviews" (They Don't) They give you a lead list and many of the places I went to didn't even have any openings and NEVER did business with Store Detective Association. Some never even heard of the Company! No way to get your money back, I tried. The owners name is Steve who does some of the teaching and is the guy who says he will "get you working!" They also have a office in Downey. They had about 30 people in the training class. What is so horrible about these people is they are stealing from the people who can afford a financial loss the least, the poor and the unemployed.

Allison
los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2009 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Store-Detective-Association/Van-Nuys-California-91405/Store-Detective-Association-Retail-Undercover-Association-Job-Advertisement-Rip-off-Van-471631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Store Detective Association

#1 General Comment

Word to the wise

AUTHOR: LPM - (United States of America)

Your post tries to insinuate that you deal regularly with companies such as Sears, Rite Aid, etc. I am a Loss Prevention/Safety Manager for Sears, I have worked for Rite Aid, Food 4 Less and a number of other retailers since about 1992 and the only time I have heard of you or your training company is from people who have paid hundreds of dollars for training and certificates that we do not recognize. I am currently hiring in the high desert and people interested can apply online at Sears.com, as for your training... All retail companies have their own training and certification process and regardless of any certificate you give them they would be required to go through the company program. This training is free to a new hire and they are paid while getting actual training so there is no reason to pay hundreds of dollars to you or any other "school" for Loss Prevention. The only real advantage an applicant with your "training" has over one with no experiance is they are interested in the field and are a few hundred dollars short.

File a report with the FTC

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States of America)

They are a scam. They are doing the same thing down here in San Diego County. Do like I did, file a report with the FTC and they will investigate the company. Make sure you still have all the paperwork you received during the training and and the bank report that shows the withdrawal. Use this site:

Coincidence?

AUTHOR: NotAnIdiot - (United States of America)

One more thing I would like to point out....

The very satisfied "graduate" of your fine company... Leo? Is his name I think?  Well it seems.... HE TYPES JUST LIKE YOU DO. YOU KNOW ALL UPPER CASE?  Shoot almost the same punctuation mistakes too.... sooooo weird.

Goodnight and good luck Sir.

PSS good jab on my family! You are a quick one!

Classy!

AUTHOR: NotAnIdiot - (United States of America)

Ladies and Gentlemen... is this how a company owner that is reputable, trustworthy and innocent of any wrong doing acts? I think not.

Short? Maybe. Idiot? Nope. I still have my $300.

Do a search on this site

Retail Undercover Association

and you find more stories JUST LIKE MINE. Strange?

And I would like to apologize to the front end girl I called dimwitted. You obviously have been snowed by these fine upstanding gentlemen as well.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THATS NOT OUR STYLE MAYBE IN YOUR TOWN..

AUTHOR: Retail undercover assoc. real deal - (U.S.A.)

Mr.Flores we dont do drive byes maybe thats in your family traddition.But I agree you are a insecure short idiot.....

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THATS NOT OUR STYLE MAYBE IN YOUR TOWN..

Maybe I am an idiot.....

AUTHOR: NotAnIdiot - (United States of America)

I gave these guys my correct number.... guess who called? What's next, a drive by?

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

TO MR.YUP YUP YUP VERY EDUCATED WORDS

AUTHOR: Retail undercover assoc. real deal - (U.S.A.)

MR D.FLORES SORRY YOU DIDNT LIKE OUR OFFICE BUT SEARS CORP.AND ROSS AND RITE AID ALL ARE COMING THIS WEEK TO INTERVIEW PEOPLE IN OUR OFFICES,CANT BE THAT MUCH OF A SCAM NOW CAN WE DON.........(TO HIRE THEM FOR L.P.JOBS)

WE DONT THINK YOU WOULD BE GOOD AT THIS JOB ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME....

Yup yup it's a RIP OFF for sure

AUTHOR: NotAnIdiot - (United States of America)

Just came from an "interview" with this company in Downey. If you're not savvy you would miss all the tell tale signs that this company is a pure rip off.  The perfectly placed useless pictures of how to handcuff a detainee and other useless pics taped to the surrounding walls.  The 1 page application that doesn't ask for references or previous employment.  The front door that does not state company's name just "loss prevention interviews" sticker.  The cheesy interview guy that practicly stuttered when I asked why he thought I was qualified for this job.  The 3 other offices with the same cheesy looking guys.  The dimwitted front office girl. They show you some badge hanging on the wall telling you that you will wear this.  The whole interview took about 7 minutes.  I didn't even circle the "can you pass a drug test" question and he didn't even notice.  What a bunch of bozos.

Hell has a special place for people like this! DO NOT GIVE THEM MONEY! Look at "the owners" rebuttals "calling people who gave the money "losers" and little "girls".  He even says "he knows where one of the posters lives" What a deush.

R.U.A is a C.W.T
complete wast of time.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

To the unhappy camper

AUTHOR: Jessica - (United States of America)

We know who you are you called me the other day,you are not a man,I dare you to confront me,I will and can get you a job as an agent very easily.I look forward to hearing from you I will give you names of students and L.P. managers that hire from us all the time.Call me you have my number stop being a girl and hiding behind your computer.......

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I HAVE OVER 100 L.P. MANAGERS CELL PHONE #S AND A LIST OF HIRES

AUTHOR: Retail undercover assoc. real deal - (U.S.A.)

R.U.A. CANNOT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY WE DO OUR BEST WE HAVE PUT HUNDREDS OF PERSONS THROUGH OUR TRAINING AND  SOME OF THEM ARE NOW MANAGERS WHO HIRE FROM US ALL THE TIME.WE HAVE PROOF THAT IT WORKS IT JUST DOESNT WORK FOR LOSERS......

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I HAVE OVER 100 L.P. MANAGERS CELL PHONE #S AND A LIST OF HIRES

AUTHOR: Retail undercover assoc. real deal - (U.S.A.)

We've placed thousands of LP agents, yaaaa right!

AUTHOR: Rick - (USA)

"*REBUTTAL Owner of company... WE HAVE PLACED THOUSANDS OF L.P. AGENTS"  Haha right Steve, you make me laugh, I'd love to see where exactly these agents have been placed and how much of it was you're "companys" actual work. When I spoke with an LP manager, she laughed about me "graduating" from your course. She informed me I was ripped off. At a company you claim to have "connections" with. Save your lies for somewhere else. Soon it will become apparent what your business really is and I hope you get what's coming to you. You've STOLEN (bc thats all you're doing) money from countless individuals and it sickens me. You, my friend, are a con artist. Nothing more, maybe something less.

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

FOR NEARLY 15 YEARS AND HAVE AND KNOW ALL THE LOSS PREVENTION MANAGERS

IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.IT IS VERY HARD TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY,WE TRY OUR

BEST.IT IS A WELL WORTH INVESTMENT. PLEASE NOTE YOU DO HAVE TO GO ON

INTERVIEWS AFTER THE SEMINARS, AND THE STORE MUST LIKE YOU BEFORE HIRING

YOU. WE CANNOT GO ON INTERVIEW FOR YOU BUT WE WILL PREPARE FOR ONE.

I GOT A JOB ON MY FIRST INTERVIEW

AUTHOR: jonathan - (USA)

I GOT HIRED AT TOYS R US IN GLENDALE, ON MY FIRST INTERVIEW. I STARTED MAKING $14.50 PER HOUR FULL TIME. THEIR TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION WAS A BREEZE. AS SOON AS THE LP MANAGER SAW MY CERTIFICATE HE WAS VERY IMPRESSED AND MADE ME THAT OFFER. I THANK THE COMPANY A BUNCH FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND TRAINING. THIS WAS THE BEST $300 I'VE EVER SPENT. FROM MY EXPERIENCE I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

I recently went through the Retail Undercover Association and I have no regrets. I was first a little apprehensive of paying, but after thinking about it for a few days I decided to pay the fees. I attended their program, followed what they asked of me, and I had no problems. I am now working for Rite-Aid as an LP Agent and I love it. I did have to go in a few interviews before I ended in Rite-Aid, but Steve got me the interviews I need all I had to do was call him. He showed me how to do a good interview and it worked. If you have hard time finding a job after he explains to you everything, then you gotta be doing something wrong. They give you all the tools you need all you gotta do is follow and apply their program. I have no regrets and I find it to be a good investment I made.