• Report: #119408

• Submitted: Tue, November 23, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 22, 2004

• Reported By:Yishun Street 81, Singapore Asia
StoresOnline.com
www.storesonline.com Orem, Utah U.S.A.

StoresOnline.com Dishonest and Incomplete Information Advise Needed for Redress, in Singapore packed 600 people! Orem Utah
Rip-Off Report Investigation: shows that StoresOnline & iMergent is fulfilling its commitment to provide excellent customer service. Rip-off Report gives StoresOnline a POSITIVE rating in customer support and quality assurance. StoresOnline pledges to resolve complaints and address any issues from the past, present and in the future - committed to 100% satisfaction - whatever it takes say company executives.

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Singapore Ministry of Trade

*Consumer Suggestion: Getting your domain name

They were here in Singapore on 6 November and packed in a whole seminar room with almost 600 people!

I was one of the few hopefuls who wanted to invest my money in what I thought would be a good way to supplement my income and eventually become a self-employed entrepreneur.

Now that I've purchased the 3 websites at SGD$5900, I've realised that there were loopholes in their promises when I actually tried to set up my sites.

For one, they led me to believe that I would get a website address that would be www.myshopname.com but instead it is the site number (i.e. ) and your store name does not appear ever again in the web address bar. If I want to have my own domain name, I'd have to pay extra for it and this was certainly not mentioned AT ALL during the seminar!

I'm really upset about this and would like help from anyone who's been able to get out of being cheated of so much money to tell me what I must do to get my money back.

Please help me to solve this problem, and as I'm not located in USA, but in Singapore, I'm really worried about whether there is any way of ever recovering the money I've put into this venture.

I've been misled and need any advice possible. Thank you.

Fay
Singapore
Singapore

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Storesonline

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2004 01:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StoresOnlinecom/Orem-Utah-84097/StoresOnlinecom-Dishonest-and-Incomplete-Information-Advise-Needed-for-Redress-in-Singap-119408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on StoresOnline.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Singapore Ministry of Trade

AUTHOR: Etwana - (U.S.A.)

Fay:

If you are unable to resolve your issues with Storesonline you can visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for the Singapore Ministry of Trade and Industry:

These FAQs outline the provisions of Singapore's Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act including options for getting a refund if necessary.

StoresOnline may be willing to provide you with a refund if you threaten to contact the Ministry since they would prefer not to be barred from doing further business in Singapore.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Getting your domain name

AUTHOR: Dickson - (Australia)

Hello Fay,

I have just read your letter in regards to the Stores Online seminar you went to. They have come to Sydney and although I didn't join, I learnt alot of Internet marketing tips. You wrote you wanted "www.yourstorename.com" but the domain they gave you was more likely "www.storesonline.com/your membership number".

My suggestion is to register the domain name you want, I think they said you can do that through them for $9 or you can go to Yahoo.com and register for about the same. Then once you own it, just use their URL forwarding service to direct people to your website. This way you will have two websites: the one with the "storesonline" name in it, and your own domain. Just use your own domain for marketing, it's easier for people to remember. Hope this helps you.

Regards,