Complaint Review: Storesonline.com

• Updated: Thu, January 13, 2005

• Reported By:,All Cities District of Columbia
Storesonline.com
Storesonline.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Storesonline.com Ripoff Lousy Franchise Sales guy Jim Lies stole and cheated us Don't Send Them Money Nation Alert Internet
Rip-Off Report Investigation: shows that StoresOnline & iMergent is fulfilling its commitment to provide excellent customer service. Rip-off Report gives StoresOnline a POSITIVE rating in customer support and quality assurance. StoresOnline pledges to resolve complaints and address any issues from the past, present and in the future - committed to 100% satisfaction - whatever it takes say company executives.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Storesonline.com a NON opportunity Franchise

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It's amazing to me in this day and age that people still take advantage of others.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Storesonline, great opportunity to lose money

We were looking fo a little extra income for a little extra work. Did some searching and found http://www.storesonline.com . We called 801-227-0004 and spoke with Jim, a sales guy. He gave is a rundown of how they would provide a web site, (because my partner and I don't know how to do that) and set us up to have our own little store on line that we could sell stuff from. So we sent him @ 1500 bucks and signed a contract for an additional 70 bucks a month for them to keep our site managed. Then we spent another 300 bucks for some cheap online class on how to do this business. Well, our experience is this is a internet scam, we have gotten no help or anything that was promised by Jim. We have tried to get our money back but they say no refunds. THIS IS A SCAM.

Babs
,All Cities, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2004 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Storesonlinecom/nationwide/Storesonlinecom-Ripoff-Lousy-Franchise-Sales-guy-Jim-Lies-stole-and-cheated-us-Dont-Sen-124771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Storesonline.com

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Storesonline.com a NON opportunity Franchise

AUTHOR: Sedona - (U.S.A.)

wanted to start a small, no frills business, that needed little attention or start-up cost. Did some research and came across found http://www.storesonline.com I emailed them, the responded with a sales brochure and a call. Jack, the sales guy explained everything I could think to ask, I have very little knowledge about web site development. He assured they would handle everything. After sending the franchise money, $1500, and signing a contract for monthly dues, $300 for an on-line class, if you could call it that. 7 months later, I QUIT, you win. Our experience is this is a internet scam, we have gotten no help or anything that was promised. SCAM SCM SCAM, makes you wonder how they sleep at night.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I have read a bunch about franchises but I thought this one woudl be different because I haven't seen anything about it. Well of course I was wrong these guys are just as bad if not worse than the others out there. Plus whenever you try to get a hold of someone who can help you with a refund they put you back to the people lower on the food chain, who bounce you around. I bet they get a lot of people to go away with this method.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Storesonline, great opportunity to lose money

AUTHOR: Garber - (U.S.A.)

My wife and I attended their "seminar" together. Upon hearing the initial block of information, that was pretty useless. I decided I didn't want to do this business but my wife thought otherwise. She felt since they build the sites for you (what a lie!) that the business would run itself with little to minimal work on the franchisee's part. I tried correcting her thinking on this but Jim basically told her she was right and that everyone he has ever worked with on their sites had been successful.
Well I managed to get us to buy only 3 sites and guess what. Everything Jim said turned out to not be true. We were supposed to build the websites. This business has become a huge nightmare and an even worse one is trying to get our money back. I am so glad to see there is a ruling against them.