Complaint Review: Stradlings, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, February 28, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, February 28, 2000

• Reported By:Gilbert Az.
Stradlings, Inc.
730 E. Southern Ave. Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 480/964-1777
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Terminated employee

Stradlings, Inc., Mesa, Az. (greg stradlings and new op manager, ray messenger, terminated another salesman and myself feb 2, 2000. ray stated that the company was headed in a different direction and was getting out of the school market. They were planning to drop (2) product lines we were selling. However, they had already hired my replacement.(probably at a fraction of my salary/commission. I left that day in a huff(to put it mildly)and packed everything i could find in boxes. I was told as i was leaving that i would be paid for the next two weeks. One week later i was given a check for 3 days with the explanation they had changed their minds because i had packed files that belonged to them. Legally they had 3 working days to pay me for those three days they owed me. But they did not pay me until a week later with a post dated check. Also my commisssion ageement (verbal) was different than how they handled a job commission a few days before they terminated me. That cost me about $2,200.00. The Az State statute states they must pay me my commissions due the same way they paid them when I was working there. Which was: they were paying me as jobs closed out monthly, the commissions were paid the first check of the month. They owe me approximately $30,000 now. They owe me effective March 1,2000 $8,400. I have faxed them (twice)a request to pick up my check or have it mailed to me. I have asked them to respond by phone. They have not, yet. The way things have gone up to this point with them, I look for them to try and weasel out of it or drag it out. I do not want to go to court to get my money!!! Any ideas???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stradlings-Inc/Mesa-Arizona-85204/Terminated-employee-1421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stradlings, Inc.