Complaint Review: Straight Forward Auto Repair

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Corey — Winter haven Florida
Straight Forward Auto Repair
2099 42nd st N.W. Unit #29 Winter Haven, Florida USA

Straight Forward Auto Repair, Charley and David Mechanic Charley and David ordered an inferior power steering pump and installed/cracked the pump. They offered to refund their broken part but now they do not answer phone calls to schedule a time to refund. Winter Haven Florida

*Author of original report: Never received refund for bad part

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: slander

I went to an ASE certified Mechanic in Florida to fix my leaking power steering fluid. I drove by a mechanic's garage and met Charley the manager of Straight Forward Auto Repair and arranged to fix my car the following week.  His business card and advertisement had ASE Certified logo so I assumed he was credible.

I believe it was Friday June 28th 2013 that I brought my car for the repair, Charley's partner David was in charge to order and install the new power steering part into my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  After about 5 hours, the power steering pump was installed and my fluid still leaked even after trouble shooting. They said the power steering pump is not leaking and that now the high pressure hose was leaking and suggest I quickly order the additional part from them. I could not afford any more parts so I stopped any further work and drove home with a leaking car. [continued below]....

..... That day I paid David 180.00 Cash for Labor and the Part. Charley had mentioned 100 was for labor and 80 was for the part.

I found another mechanic at a well known Firestone Complete Auto care chain and they determined the hose was not the issue but that the new power steering pump that was installed was the source of the leaking. I paid the Firestone mechanic to order and install a new power steering pump. I never did need to replace the hose as suggested by Charley and David. Currently my car is leak free.

Now I am trying to get the 1st mechanic (Charley and David from Straight Forward Auto Repair) to refund that bad power steering pump and pay me back 80.00.  Charley did promise a refund on the phone after I notified him that my car was fixed. But now he never picks up the phone to arrange opening his garage and giving me a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Forward-Auto-Repair/Winter-Haven-Florida/Straight-Forward-Auto-Repair-Charley-and-David-Mechanic-Charley-and-David-ordered-an-inf-1065402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Forward Auto Repair

Never received refund for bad part

AUTHOR: ccswim076 - ()

I spoke with Tony Molla, Vice president of Communications for the certification company Automotive Service Professionals (ASE)

apparently Charley is not even certified or in their ASE records. Thats great! Yet Charley's business cards state he has certification. Thats really sketchy. If he ever was, well that still does not excuse Charley's lack of automotive ethics.

All I wanted was my refund back from Charley and Straight Forward Auto and all I got was horrible customer service from him and no refund. No accountability. No professionalism.  No promised Care.

if you like the idea of waiting outside a closed door garage hoping to get your money back as promised and getting his voicemail, well go to Charley and Straightforward Auto.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

slander

AUTHOR: straight forward auto repair - ()

after further review of this evidence entered against me the receipt is not what i use for work performed at my place of busness. at no time was i involved with this repair. whoever this jerk off was i sent him to buddys to see if they wanted the job. at that time my shop was closed for business and therfore that is why i sent him down to talk to david. where this a** wipe got my card i do not know. i pass out hundreds of cards! i am an old school ruff around the edges biker. i dont give nobody no crap and i dont take no crap! i have a sucessful business and my customers always leave satisfied! this is straight to you you little p*** ant if i can track you down i'll see you in court! and lucky for you i dont even remember what you look like! like i said before. i have court documented evidence that proves my shop was closed for business at the time of your repair. i told you that i had nothing to do with the work done on your car and to stop calling me. when you got your feelings hurt you took it out on me by slandering me. i am a single owner operator of my place of business. i have no employees. before you started running your mouth about me you should have done your your home work. carma is on my side and thats why i stumbled on your bs. now i hope i can get your a** in court. and you best hope i cant. if you didnt have money to pay dave how did you pay firestone? i bet you thought i would never find out you pulled this stunt on me.