Complaint Review: Straight Talk Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, May 03, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, May 03, 2010

• Reported By: Vae — Seattle Washington United States of America
Straight Talk Wireless

Straight Talk Wireless Nonexistent Customer Service, Impossible to reach, Waste of time, Scam Internet

I tried to do business with Straight Talk twice.  The first time I purchased their pre-paid phone service via the Internet.  I got through to their customer service after trying for over a week only because another web-poster had listed their corporate number (for Tracphone) in Florida.  Whenever something went wrong with my service, there was no one to help me at the Straight Talk listed number.  I returned the phone in the 30-day guarantee-period.

Disgruntled at the cost of doing business with Verizon I tried Straight Talk again, but this time through Walmart.  It took me over four days to activate the phone following the explicit instructions, but once I'd done so I could neither receive nor send calls despite having added my $45 unlimited card to my account (via scratch-off PIN).  Straight Talk's automated system told me I had to add minutes to my account, and this never changed.  Worse yet, whenever I tried to contact customer "service," I was told--I kid you not, "At this time there are no available customer service agents," only to have the phone system subsequently disconnect me every single time.  No way to leave a message.  Ever.  And the company has no email address; you can contact them, supposedly, only via snail mail.  (I won't hold my breathe.)

Now I'll consider the exorbitant fees/taxes (> 22% monthly bill) associated with my Verizon mobile account as a monthly customer service charge.  Whenever I dial *611 to talk to a Verizon agent, they're there, they're polite, and they get the job done.  Straight Talk is such a laughable (but frustrating) company I wouldn't go back to them even if they offered me free service.  Because I'd know (1) the service likely would fail eventually, if it started at all; and (2) that when the service failed I'd have no one to help me.  Stay away from this "company."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2010 12:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk-Wireless/internet/Straight-Talk-Wireless-Nonexistent-Customer-Service-Impossible-to-reach-Waste-of-time-599398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk Wireless