• Report: #620640

• Submitted: Tue, July 06, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, August 06, 2010

• Reported By: Country_Girl00 — Virginia United States of America
Straight Talk Wireless

Straight Talk Wireless Straight Talk by TracFone Do not get service get ripped a new one Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Straightalk Explanation

I bought my phone from these fruitcakes back in Feb. 2010, been getting the $30.00 card...Bought one at the beginning of May used the phone all month had 8h and some odd Mins left.

Bought another card First of June and when I activated the card my Mins rolled over from May leaving me 24H and some odd mins, so we used the phone all month and Yesterday 7/05/2010 it had 21H and some mins. Now it won't let me call out and so forth saying I need to get a card!!

Heres the real issue, I call straight talk and explain to them everything I have said here, they give me a run around saying I have to buy another card, and their company policy states that "the Mins do not roll over every month" which is a crock of crap how else would I have that many mins on my phone then Duh all they had to do is add up 8 plus 16 "what comes on the $30.00 card.

They simply told me I had to go out and yet buy another friggin card in order for my phone to work cause as of right now it is past due, Now how can that be with Mins still on there??? All these pathetic greedy Mothas want is their money, they screw you out of yours. They also told me that they "Inform Customers" to use up all their mins. I told the woman I wasn't a blabber mouth that stayed on the phone 24/7 nor was I a teeny bopper, and in the country the phone doesn't pick up half the time so now how are you gonna use up 24H's ???? Just Like I told her they are screwing me outta my money and money is valuable to me right now having no job and everyone getting Laid Off in my Household!!!

What a load of BS I'm just gonna drop them and go back with a contract phone forget these worthless greedy people!! So just a warning unless you like having your money taken from you every month and getting Hung up on, getting the run around.....Don't get Straight Talk

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2010 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk-Wireless/internet/Straight-Talk-Wireless-Straight-Talk-by-TracFone-Do-not-get-service-get-ripped-a-new-one-620640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Straightalk Explanation

AUTHOR: Chris - (USA)

Unlike Tracfone and Net10, Straighttalk has a monthly plan that expires when either 2 things happen: you use up your 500 minutes (if you are on that plan, the minutes are NOT supposed to rollover) or 30 days pass since you added your last card.

You bought a card on 6-1-2010 (your minutes rolled over but they are not supposed to), then you used the phone all month.  Then on 7-5-2010 you say it wouldn't let you make or receive calls.  Well that is because it had been over 30 days since you added the last card.  It is not StraightTalk's fault.  All you have do to is add another 30 day card.

To summarize:

You only get 30 days NO MATTER HOW MANY MINUTES SHOW LEFT on a card.

You only get 500 minutes on each card.  If you use your minutes up before the 30 days are up you must add another card which gives you 30 more days and 500 more minutes.

Minutes do not rollover.