Complaint Review: Straight Talk Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, July 19, 2010

• Reported By: HerbN — College Station Texas United States of America
Straight Talk Wireless

Straight Talk Wireless StraightTalk will take you money and not provide service Internet

*Consumer Comment: SAME THING HAPPENED WITH US

Last year I was laid off and lost my cellar phone which had been a job benefit.  I purchased a NET 10 phone not wanting to tie up money on a monthly basis.  In December I finally was working again and wanted something where I didn't have to watch a minute meter.

Walmart had introduced their new Straight Talk Wireless with $45/30 day unlimited minutes.  At the beginning of February I bought a new phone and a $45 month card.  Today I was almost expired so I bought two new cards yesterday because I get paid once a month and it would be 31 days until pay day.

I entered both cards and got 30 days of credit from yesterday (even though I was supposed to expire on 3/2).  I called and asked about this.  Well, you can apparently only have one active card and there is no roll over.  So, if you decide at day 20 to refill you lose 10 days.

I asked to speak to a supervisor who kept giving this line.  I offered him three choices: refund my money, make my second card work at a minimum, or I could go back to NET 10 when my phone expired.  He said he couldn't add time or refund my money.  I said, so your choice is for me to go to a different provider.  He said that wasn't what they wanted.

No, what they want is my money in exchange not for the promised service but whatever service they feel like providing.

I'll be researching new phone providers this month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk-Wireless/internet/Straight-Talk-Wireless-StraightTalk-will-take-you-money-and-not-provide-service-Internet-576200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk Wireless

SAME THING HAPPENED WITH US

AUTHOR: Gayle - (United States of America)

I didn't know my husband had bought a 45.00 card --- so I bought 2, filled both of our phones and he got home from work and told me he had already his phone -- so we then went back to Walmart bought another and put a 2nd on my phone.  The first one expired on 7/18/2010  -- leaving us to think our phones were good until 8/18/2010.  They are telling us the same load of crap --- they don't rollover.  These are not minutes to "roll over"  these are monthly cards, unlimited minutes... rolling over doesnt apply.  I can't get anyone  on the phone w/their customer service.. they only answer me via email.

My husband had to buy another one (even though we have another month on both phones) for his work.  I refuse to use their crappy service and give them anymore money. I've never seen where they say you cannot load more than one card on your phone for unlimited -- and they are offering now in the store 3 month cards... what's the difference?  I bought 4 one month cards....whats the difference?

Very highly upset in Liberty, Texas.  I'm taking them to small claims court over it