Complaint Review: Straight Talk wireless

• Updated: Fri, May 24, 2013

• Reported By: Godson — Columbia South Carolina
Straight Talk wireless
9700 NW 112th Avenue Miami, Florida USA

Straight Talk wireless Unlimited Data program is one big lie...a real joke!!! Miami Florida

I purchased a smart phone with Straight Talk wireless 7 months ago to use for business purposes.  I must have access to emails throughout the day and they were the only prepaid program offering unlimited data AT THAT TIME so I went with them.  Yesterday I woke up and my emails wouldn't load, I couldn't access the internet, and none of my apps worked.  I ended up having to  call their customer service three time and still nothing was done to resolve my issue.

The first time, the rep could barely speak english and kept reading from a script about violating their contractual agreement (mind you its prepaid service and I never signed a contract).  She mentioned tethering and I attempted to tell her that my phone cannot tether and I never attempted to do so.  She transfered me to a recorded message informing me that my data was on high usage and I was welcome to transfer to another carrier if I wanted to.  Extrememly rude...they don't try to keep you at all.

The second time, the rep immediately transferred me to the same recording without explaining anything to me.

THe third time, the rep told me that I must have had an app on all night.  He assured me the phone would reset itself in 4-10 hours.

Low and behold, I woke up the next morning and still no data.  Unfortunately for me, I've already prepaid for another month of service with these clowns and have no way of getting a refund.  They have terrible customer service that will give you the run-around to get you off of the phone.  It is total false advertising concerning data.  They should tell the customers from the beginning that data is limited and if you go over they will turn off your service.

I now feel cheated because I paid for a smart phone that they have turned into a basic phone without recourse.

If you need reliable data, DON'T USE STRAIGHT TALK...THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk-wireless/Miami-Florida-33178/Straight-Talk-wireless-Unlimited-Data-program-is-one-big-liea-real-joke-Miami-Flor-1053522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk wireless