Complaint Review: Straight Talk

• Reported By: Lisa — Linton Indiana
Straight Talk
122 I St.SE Internet, Indiana USA

Straight Talk Straight Talk phones are junk and a rip-off Internet Indiana

My son, and I have bought several Straight talk phones that I still have but do not work. I believe that Wal-mart buys the rejects or seconds because these phones are complete junk. I bought a Blackberry for $199 and now it sits here doing nothing because it won't work, so then I bought another Samsung phone for around $100 and it sits next to the Blackberry on the fireplace not worause the planb was cheap. king either. You would have thought I would have learned better by now, but no-I did it again because the plan was cheap.

This last time I bought a Sansung Predesent in a city about 45-50 miles away from where I live and the carrier on it was Sprint and I did not realize that my area uses Verizon on SAtraight Talk phones. I tried to take it back to the Wal-Mart in my town and in the city I bought it but it was past the 14 day period for taking it back. I paid $179 for this android that I am unabvle to use as a phone. I do use it sometimes for the downloaded Gospel Library I have on it but can't update the Ensigns and conferences unless I buy a $45 card, so basically it gets to sit next to the other two.

My son dropped and broke his where his was also a $179. We both have now cheap $30 Tracfones that have been dropped several times in over a year's time with no problems. Only problem is the Tracfone cost me $80 to fill min utes last month so i am looking for a better phone with a decent no contract plan that does not have Sprint as the carrier which seems to be a challenge in itself in my rural area. However there is hope, just 15 miles away is a town that has Sprint coverage and I may acquire a house there. Good luck with ius straightening out Straight Talk but I am done with them after reading all the problems and their scams of decent, hard-working people. Shame on them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 12:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/Internet-Indiana-47441/Straight-Talk-Straight-Talk-phones-are-junk-and-a-rip-off-Internet-Indiana-1064048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk