Complaint Review: Straight Talk

Straight Talk
Miami, Florida United States of America

Straight Talk Don't use the Straight Talk Reserve Miami, Florida

*Consumer Comment: My experience with Straight Talk

On February 9, 2013, I added a service card to the reserve feature on my account. My service end date was the 16th of February but I wasn't sure that I'd have the extra cash to buy a card then, so that's why I went ahead and got it then and added it to the reserve. On the morning of the 17th I woke up to find that my phone had been deactivated. I called Straight Talk's customer service only to be called everything but a liar. I was told that I had never added a service card to the reserve. They told me that they couldn't help me because I no longer had the card. (yeah, like an idiot I threw the card in the trash when I was finished with it). So now I'm out of $45 and a usable phone. The customer service agents speak very poor English and speak in a condescending tone. I'm very frustrated with their service or lack of at this point.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/Miami-Florida-33178/Straight-Talk-Dont-use-the-Straight-Talk-Reserve-Miami-Florida-1015745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk

My experience with Straight Talk

AUTHOR: Joe - (United States of America)

They are arrogant and have a huge ego since most iPhone users jumped on their bandwagon. They have terrible customer service response time and very rude and out of line representatives. Evidence of what I have gone through for 2 weeks now is provided below in the links. They are recorded conversations of myself and my mother trying to get an ongoing issue of 5 months resolved to no avail.

Part 1 of speaking with customer service