marshall

• Reported By: KMP5965 — Terre Haute Indiana
Straight Talk
9700 NW 112th Avenue Miami, FL 33178 Miami, Florida United States of America

Straight Talk Scammed Me, Stole My Money Miami, Florida

I went and bought the Huawei Ascent II from my local Wal-Mart Straight Talk Wireless store, and then I had to take the phone back. It wasn't working how it was supposed to, it wouldn't send or receive picture texts, the SD card wouldn't work correctly (it came with the phone) I would try to download an app and it would tell me there wasn't enough space when there were 32GB's of space, it would drop calls, and it was really slow to load things and it had a glitching problem.

When I called Straight Talk, they sent me back and forth between the same two people telling me "Let me send you to another department." and they also kept hanging up on me. I went online to try to find out how to fix it myself and I couldn't fix it because Straight Talk had the phone set up to where you don't have access to the settings you need to change in order to get the phone to work correctly. They refused to change the settings for me in the store, they told me it wasn't possible that I could only replace the phone.

I went ahead and asked about getting my minutes switched to the new phone with replacing it, they told me I would have to buy new minutes. I didn't want to risk wasting another 45 dollars on minutes and having another phone with problems, so I got my money back for the phone and 2 year warranty. When I asked them why they couldn't give me my money back for the minutes I had bought and didn't even get to use besides sending 20 text messages, they said "It's like buying gas and trying to get your money back." Thing is, if you can't get your money back after buying gas, you can use the gas that you paid for, or siphon it and put it in a different car if need be. I can't use the minutes I paid for at all because I had to return the phone and they refused to replace them or transfer them to a replacement phone, therefor, they indeed stole the money I spent on the minutes.

I wanted to have a nice phone that was affordable, and I've realized when something seems too good to be true, then it usually really is too good to be true. I don't recommend anyone to use this service, because it all seems like a huge scam. I've done a lot of research since my recent experience with Straight Talk, and several people with the same phone AND other phones are having the same problems as I did. Nobody should have to go through this, especially those who work hard to earn their money and don't have money to waste!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/Miami-Florida-33178/Straight-Talk-Scammed-Me-Stole-My-Money-Miami-Florida-1042219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk