existed

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: JBear_6262011 — Paoli Indiana United States of America
Straight Talk
9700 NW 112th Avenue Miami, Florida United States of America

Straight Talk The "Straight Talk promise in a nutshell" is really just "Crooked Lies we wrote with our fingers crossed" Miami, Florida

I have been a customer of Straight Talk for 2 years. The following is a detailed description of the problems I am having with Straight Talk.

January 11, 2013: My mother purchased the $45 unlimited talk, text & data card for my BYOD plan.

January 28, 2013: My mother, my father, my sister, & my boyfriend (and who knows whom else) all tried contacting me. I have a unresolved heart/health issue and been known to faint randomly, and my boyfriend has health issues that make him pass out occasionally as well, so we keep in close contact at all times. When my boyfriend couldn't contact me, he contacted my sister, and called my mother, who called my father, who I just happened to be with. I had no idea that my phone wasn't working since I had been using it a few hours before. I tried to make a call to see what would happen, and I got the message that my phone had been deactivated.

So I was 17 days into the 30 day paid for service period and Straight Talk shut off my phone without notifying me. When I got home I called Straight Talk.

January 28, 2012 9:30pm: I called Straight Talk and got the message that due to the amount of phone calls I was going to be hung up on. Click.

9:35pm: I called another Straight Talk number and after waiting awhile, a woman came on the line and asked me to hold while they contacted the technical department.

After I was put on hold for several minutes I was told that the technical department was closed for the day, but that someone from the technical department told her that I was in violation. The woman refused to tell me why I was in violation and said they would call me tomorrow.

Question 1: if the technical department was closed, how could they tell her that I was in violation? Question 2: why would the operator not tell me why I was in violation? Question 3: what did they think they could call me back on, since they shut off my phone? Question 4: if the operator was a good employee she would know that the technical department was already closed, and not waste my time putting me on hold.

I suppose I will have to call Straight Talk myself on a borrowed phone since they can't contact me on my own phone, but being reimbursed for the stolen money is doubtful since they apparently can't refund a service card.

I've decided to return to AT&T for phone service because at least when I call they fix the problem while I am on the phone, not put me on hold unnecessarily or can only be contacted 9-6.

Straight Talk is cheap but not worth the hassle you get.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/Miami-Florida-33178/Straight-Talk-The-Straight-Talk-promise-in-a-nutshell-is-really-just-Crooked-Lies-we-w-1005724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk