Complaint Review: Straight Talk

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: Hapaki — San Francisco California United States of America
Straight Talk
9700 NW 112th Avenue Miami, Florida United States of America

Straight Talk They shut off my data connection, making accusation that I was tethering which is a blant lie Miami, Florida

I signed up to be with Straight Talk because they offered unlimited data. Which is not true.

After being a customer in good standing for over six months.
I am leaving them. They use dishonest marketing tactics to lure you in. Data is not unlimited. I was throttle to worst than dial up speed, 14.4k modem speed. For downloading new apps on my new phone I just purchased. I used at most 100meg in 3 days. I have never exceeded there soft-cap of 2 gigs (which means unlimited to straight talk) in the six months I have been with this rip off company. I have wi-fi at home and work and average maybe 200 to 800 megs of data a month.

I called customer service and the dude with the India accent told me that I was throttle because I was tethering. He is so full of crap. My phone doesn't have that capability. I told him it was from a few downloads of apps for my new phone. His response was too bad, you have to call back and talk to someone on Monday about your abuse of violating the terms of tethering.
Great f__n customer service.

Do yourself a favor. Save the headaches and learn from my experience. The $45 is cheap, but you really get nothing, you get what you pay for. There are many competitors out there with better pre paid plans that don't need to lie to stay in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 11:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/Miami-Florida-33178/Straight-Talk-They-shut-off-my-data-connection-making-accusation-that-I-was-tethering-1008073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk