Complaint Review: Straight Talk

• Reported By: rico47635 — Rockport Indiana
Straight Talk
internet, Select State/Province USA

Straight Talk LG840G RIPOFF internet Nationwide

I purchased an LG840G in November 2012 from Wal-Mart.  The service is through Straight Talk.  Today the phone decided it isn't going to turn on.  I called Wal-Mart and was told they couldn't do anything about it.  I then called Straight Talk, and that's where my 2 hour nightmare began.  The first representative I spoke with had a mush mouth.  I literally could not understand a word she was saying because she mumbled.  After several frustrating minutes with her, I asked for a supervisor.  My request was rewarded with a hang up.  I then called back and got someone else I couldn't understand because the call kept breaking up.  I was using my home phone landline so I know the problem wasn't on my end.  I then tried calling back twice, only to have their system hang up on me both times before getting to speak with anyone.  I tried again and finally spoke with someone who gave me the complete run around.  She kept asking me question after question.  I finally demanded to know if they were going to honor the warranty on the phone, to which she responded that I would have to call LG.  I then contacted LG and was rudely informed that they couldn't do anything about it because Straight Talk is owned by Trac Fone and LG doesn't service the phones they sell through Trac Fone.  The bottom line is that I am stuck with a POS fone neither Straight Talk nor LG wants to honor the warranty on.  I will never buy another LG product again.  Neither will I continue to do business with Straight Talk, the company with the worst customer service in America!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2014 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/internet-Select-StateProvince-internet/Straight-Talk-LG840G-RIPOFF-internet-Nationwide-1127961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk