Complaint Review: Straight Talk

• Updated: Fri, May 24, 2013

• Reported By: Max — Mississippi
Straight Talk
Internet USA

Straight Talk Claim data speeds will be renewed at next service date. Never happens. Internet

I was told on 3 separte occasions that my data speed which was throttled would be restored to previous speeds after the service end date 24th of each month. I was told this by a customer service representative on 3-16-13; 4-24-13; and 5-24-13. It never has happened when I asked for information about specifics which caused this throttling of data speeds I was told they didnt have any. When I asked for my speeds to be restored to previous setting they transfer you to what they said was tech support to get your speeds restored but it is actually a recorded message that tells you things you can do to not have your data thottled and then hangs up.

This mesasge is pointless because one you hit the black list they will not let you back to having normal data speeds. I have used under 300 MB for the last 2 months supposedly their data cap is 1.5 GB. I do not appretiate being mis-led. I do not like being told I was being transfered to a department to resolve my issue and sent to an automated message that just hangs up. I did not violate any of their policies and they cannot provide me with any information stating otherwise. I started monitoring my data when I noticed my data speed significantly slowing down. I am a very lite cell phone data user and I am distraught that if this is happening to me their must be many others out there with similar situations and circumstances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/internet/Straight-Talk-Claim-data-speeds-will-be-renewed-at-next-service-date-Never-happens-Inte-1053556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk