Complaint Review: Straight Talk

• Updated: Sat, March 09, 2013

• Reported By: straighttalkterry — Garrettsville Ohio United States of America
Straight Talk

Straight Talk Unauthorized auto refill charges on my credit card. Internet

I have one straight talk phone on 90 day auto refill.  Back in June I noticed that they double billed my credit card.  They refused to acknowledge the overcharge and after several hours they insisted I have my bank call them.  When the bank was on the line with them with the routing number, they finally accepted it and refunded the charge, but couldn't explain how it happened.  I recently got my yearly bank summary and found they did the same thing 4 other times last year.  I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with them and have a case reference number and an admission that they found at least one of the charges.  I was told by a "manager" who gave me the case number that a higher department would investigate since it looks like internal fraud.

It has now been 14 days and I have heard nothing.  Even worse, they would not let me take the credit card off auto enroll to prevent this from happening again, so I had the bank block them from charging on my card completely again.  The manager promised that it would be resolved within 72 hours.  Beware of auto refill-looks like an internal theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2013 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/internet/Straight-Talk-Unauthorized-auto-refill-charges-on-my-credit-card-Internet-1026272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk