Complaint Review: Straight Talk

• Submitted: Wed, April 10, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: DPD — Quinlan Texas
Straight Talk

Straight Talk Wal-Mart Systematic Thieves - Straight Talk Takes your Money, Walmart Claims NOT Responsible, Internet

*General Comment: Welcome to the New World Order.. All Customer Service Agents in Low Wage, Asian Countries

I bought a cheapo Straight Talk cell phone from Walmart and didn't like it, so I replaced it with a more expensive one. When I tried to activate online, I asked to transfer my old number to the new phone.

It seems, that they will not allow you to do that unless you have the Unlimited plan on BOTH PHONES! So to get my old number, I have to lose $30 for the new plan I had just purchased, return the new phone, buy another $45 plan for a new phone, and then buy another $45 plan FOR THE PHONE I DON'T WANT! So in addition to the cost of the phone, I will have shelled out an additional $120 in order to save money on cell phone costs - as their ads claim.

I tried customer service at Straight Talk - Phillipines...NO HELP! I went to the supervisor..."Sorry sir" - NO HELP!  Placed on indefinite HOLD.  Tried to complain to Walmart...can't get past the palace guards. Now I have to return the phone and eat the extra $45 plan. Is there a class action suit being put together to deal with these crooks?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/internet/Straight-Talk-Wal-Mart-Systematic-Thieves-Straight-Talk-Takes-your-Money-Walmart-Claims-1042182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Oscar B. - ()

These American companies do not care. They are shipping all the jobs to low wage countries in Asia and India. There is no way Americans can compete. We need to stop giving these companies our money. They want to sell us their services but not hire us. How will Americans survive in the future? We can't "All" be entrepreneurs.

I am also a straighttalk customer. I've had tons of trouble out of straigttalk. It is a horrible company with even more horrible customer service agents. The customer service agents all have Indian and Phillippine accents and they are all overseas. They repeat themselves and are so scripted they can't even acknowledge exactly what you are saying. They are like Robots.

Email their customer care center in Florida. The email is custsrv@straighttalk.com.

Also, call the Florida location. Ask them for the number as I can't find it right at this moment. It is their executive office. They always resolves the issues.