Complaint Review: Straight Talk

• Reported By: B A — Dover Delaware
Straight Talk
Internet USA

Straight Talk is Straight BS with Circle Jerk or NO Customer Service Internet

I purchased an international card (plan) from Straight Talk. One month I could call France, the next month I couldn't. I called to inquire why. I was told the number wasn't in the coverage area. When I explained that I could call the number the previous month, it was repeated, "The number isn't in the coverage area." I inquired if the coverage area changes month to month to the point where one never knows if they can use the plan to call a particular number at any given time. I was advised that it didn't change. I asked the representative to follow my logic.....

If the coverage area doesn't change (deleting some areas at random times), how was it possible that I could call the number the month prior, but not able to make the call this month. He couldn't follow the logic. All he could follow was his "script"...."The number is not in the coverage area". Then, I went to the internet to verify if the number was in the coverage area or not. [continued below]....

..... On their own site, the number I tried to call was indicated as IN the covered area. Since it obviously didn't get me anywhere to talk to the idiots at the company, I sent an email complaint. I received an automated confirmation email: THIS IS AN AUTO-ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. Thank you for contacting our Customer Care Department. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Your email has been forwarded to our E-mail Response Team for resolution.

Please be advised it can take up to 6 hours to receive a response to your inquiry. Please do not reply to this message, as it has been sent from an unmonitored system. This is an auto-response generated by our system to let you know we have received your email. For answers to our most frequently asked questions, please click on the following link (or copy and paste the link into your web browser): http://www.straighttalk.com/FAQ. To ensure that you are able to receive email messages from our Online Customer Service, please add the e-mail address (custsrv@straighttalk.com) to your address book. Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry. Straight Talk Wireless, Inc. **********************************************

Within 30 minutes, I received this "response": Dear Barbara, Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry on unable to make International calls. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with this matter. In order to resolve your issue, please contact one of our customer service representatives at 1-877-430-2355. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. To expedite your call, please have your phone serial or cell phone number available. Sincerely, Straight Talk Wireless No name. No contact information. Only referring me back to the idiots I was complaining about! What a joke. Well, it would be a joke had I not wasted $60 on a plan that can't be used, except at the discretion of the company owners. Something Definitely Needs to Be Done About such Sham Companies! Come on America! What the hell???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/internet/Straight-Talk-is-Straight-BS-with-Circle-Jerk-or-NO-Customer-Service-Internetnbsp-1054384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk