Complaint Review: Straight Talk

• Submitted: Mon, June 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: stella marion — santa fe New Mexico United States of America
Straight Talk

Straight Talk paid for cell phone service and continually had a phone that they could not keep activated despite my full payment Internet

I was a straight Talk customer for 4 months.  This was a horrible experience.  I paid thru autofill on time every month & still was without service for up to two weeks out of every month.

I paid for a service that I didn't receive.  As a customer I fulfilled my obligations, but this company could only credit my account.  I was disappointed that they would not grant me the refund I deserved for at least the full month of service I did not get even after I paid it on time.

I thought perhaps it was my device which wasn't working correctly.  So I bought another tracfone and it turned out to be a problem from straight talks end.  Every month after my autofill date my phone wouldn't activate.. and so I would call them, put in a series of codes they provided me and it would either work --or not work.

There were many attempt to activate with the company and it would get my phone activated, only to deactivate an hour later.  I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to activate my phone, only to find that it would not work the next day. I feel as though I was ripped off, robbed, mugged.

There should be a class action suit filed against this company. Is this legal!??  When I requested a refund for one months service they said it is stated on their website that they do not provide refunds.  The problem is that they did not deliver the service which I paid for.  This sounds fraudulent to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk/internet/Straight-Talk-paid-for-cell-phone-service-and-continually-had-a-phone-that-they-could-no-902702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk