determining

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: shyre — Florida
Straight talk

Straight talk Warranty not honored, Internet

I bought a Samsung Huawei from straighttalk. When I bought the phone I paid for the extended warranty which is supposed to cover accidents. When my phone was dropped for the FIRST time the screen cracked slightly. I called straighttalk and they said they would not do anything because it was broken, they only honor technological problems and Walmart would have to replace it.

Upon calling walmart I find that I paid $10 for nothing because the woman who sold me the phone did not give me any warranty information, did not tell me that the warranty picks up after the one year manufacturers warranty and that I had to register my warranty within 15 days after purchasing the phone.

Now I am in works with the manager at walmart because it was not MY fault the employee misinformed me. If I would have known all of this ahead of time I would have saved the extra $10.00 and cut my losses. But being that I DID pay for the warranty and the manager says if the phone is broken they have to replace it, I deserve to utilize the warranty I paid for.
I had the samsung slider before this and it was poorly manufactured. I should have known better than to get a phone that would break the first time being dropped. Accidents happen, especially with children around.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-talk/internet/Straight-talk-Warranty-not-honored-Internet-1043975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight talk