Complaint Review: Stratford Career Institute

• Submitted: Wed, June 17, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 03, 2009

• Reported By:Trinity North Carolina
Stratford Career Institute
12 Champlain Commons St Albans, Vermont U.S.A.

Stratford Career Institute Do not use this company for furthering your education St Albans Vermont

* : SCI rebuttal

*Consumer Suggestion: Stratford helped me

I signed up for the Pharmacy Technician course through these people a couple of months ago. When I got the book, it had absolutely nothing to do with anything that goes on in a pharmacy. I emailed these people several times to find out what I needed to do to get my money back. They never once emailed me back until after the two week time period was up. Now they are trying to tell me that I owe them $300, which I am NOT paying. They will screw you in any way that they can. DO NOT use this company.

Honeybee482934
Trinity, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2009 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stratford-Career-Institute/St-Albans-Vermont-05478/Stratford-Career-Institute-Do-not-use-this-company-for-furthering-your-education-St-Albans-462347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stratford Career Institute

#1

SCI rebuttal

AUTHOR: Shankara - (USA)

I was thinking of applying to this school for a medical transcription certificate. A friend suggested I search the internet and see if there had been any unhappy students. Thank you for your time in reporting your situation and possibly saving me the same tragedy.

Shankara

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Realistic - (U.S.A.)

I am really sorry that people have been disappointed with their expectations of this correspondence school.

I am enrolled in their Creative Writing Course. While I expect to receive decent study materials, and I have, I notice that a lot of the reading material can be purchased on Amazon! While that is not a huge issue with me I believe that it depends on the course of study you are enrolled in. I know full well a certificate from Stratford is not going to get me a teaching position or an published article in Time or Newsweek.

I just enjoy writing and I figured that the added certificate of completion would simply be a handy addition to a course of study, nothing more. If I want to get a higher degree in Creative Writing then I would look for an MFA at a place like University of Phoenix or some other well established distance degree learning program.

In particular if one is hoping to get their high school diploma, do your homework first! Call your local Community Colleges and find out about accredited programS they recommend. Don't go into a learning program like these expecting colleges to approve the Diploma You will be disappointed.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Stratford helped me

AUTHOR: Kjohnston - (U.S.A.)

I think you should contact the school by phone and talk to one of the counselors or student services reps. I had to call them for something kind of similar and they were very helpful to me. I was upset at first too, but then I called them and we totally worked it out.