Complaint Review: Strathmore's Who's Who Directory

• Updated: Thu, July 03, 2014

• Reported By: Carmella Marie — Monterey California
Strathmore's Who's Who Directory
Internet USA

Strathmore's Who's Who Directory Vanessa she gave no last name This company is threatening more monies out of me for membership I never authorized, and have my credit card and without my authorization they are trying to charge my card. I had to cancel my card. I am also receiving threatening phone calls demanding monies out of totaling over 1 thousand dollars. Farmingdale New York

Strathmore's whos who is a fraudulent Who's Who biographical directory.[1] Who's Who scams involve the selling of "memberships" in fraudulent directories that are created online or through instant publishing services.[1] These fraudulent directories represent thinly veiled moneymaking scams.

A scam may begin with a telephone interview or online questionnaire to validate a potential target's personal information. This information can be included in the fraudulent directory, sold to other marketing firms, or used in future attacks such as phishing emails. Once the personal information has been gathered, the target is congratulated as having passed the interview and is asked to provide a credit card number to finalize the process. Upon further inquiry, the target may be told that a credit card payment is required to receive a certificate and copy of the directory.

They have already taken me for the membership amount and now they are trying to get another 1900.00 for more membership fees.  I have had to cancel my credit card and now receiving harrassing phone calls threatening me with the Patriot Act as a means of collecting more money from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2014 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Strathmores-Whos-Who-Directory-/internet/Strathmores-Whos-Who-Directory-Vanessa-she-gave-no-last-name-This-company-is-threaten-1159294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Strathmore's Who's Who Directory