Complaint Review: Strayer University

• Submitted: Mon, June 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, June 28, 2012

• Reported By: Strayer University ripped me off! — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
Strayer University
2730 Eisenhower Avenue Alexandria, Virginia United States of America

Strayer University I am 2 semesters from completed my BS degree and Strayer kicked me out of school because they do not offer my degree anymore. Alexandria, Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Database Management Class

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Additional Classes Added

I was 2 semesters from completing my Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems with a minor in database management and was kicked out of the school by Dean Robinson.  She initially told me that they do not offer database management anymore. She said they would try to match up as many classes as they can so that I would not have many more to take.  The head of the computer information systems department told Dean Robinson that it was not fair to add new classes when I was almost finish my degree. Dean Robinson said that you have too many repeat classes, so you can no longer attend Strayer University. I asked why didn't they tell me this last week when you were trying to match up my classes.  Dean Robinson said that she was going to give me an exception. This is garbage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Strayer-University/Alexandria-Virginia-22314/Strayer-University-I-am-2-semesters-from-completed-my-BS-degree-and-Strayer-kicked-me-out-902633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Strayer University

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Database Management Class

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

The reason they dropped the class is because they couldn't find some schlep to teach it. At least some schlep willing to take poor pay. Real colleges don't have these issues.

Now you have a taste of why the major employers don't take these for-profit degrees very seriously.I suspect you'll be in a help desk job for some time. If only you had gone to a community college first.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Additional Classes Added

AUTHOR: stayawayfromstrayer@yahoo.com - (United States of America)

DONT GIVE UP, KEEP CALLING, KEEP PUSHING!!!  I no longer work for Strayer, but we had the same issues with students on our campus.  Strayer behaves more like a company that happens to offer classes, than a university that is also a cut throat company.  You have to push the Dean, and go beyound.  Get HIS/HER boss involved.  Dont let the Campus Director tip toe away, they make on the avergae over 100k a year to talk you into to going to their school and offer you some coffee or a cookie.  Press their higher ups.  They attend meetings EVERYDAY on how to keep or get new students, or keep the ones that they have.  All they talk about are numbres and dollars and cents.  Thats why no one could tell you that you had too many repeat courses (they had to have everyone in the office look it over).  They dont care that you are repeating (BECASUE THEyre GETTING YOUR MONEY), until something like this pops up.  Make them atleast waive the cost of the new or additional courses.  Forget the match up, its their error...(THE CAMPUS DIRECTOR HAS THE POWER TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN, DONT LET THEM LIE, THEY HAVE DONE THIS FOR OTHERS) Their records are horrible and their training is worse...   Dont be silent, take it to them where it hurts , the people that they take advantage of.  Right now you are a pain, months ago they would wash your feet, dont be a victim!!!!