Complaint Review: Strayer University

• Submitted: Mon, August 02, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 02, 2010

• Reported By: P — Woodstock Georgia United States of America
Strayer University
100 Mansell Court East Suite 100 Roswell, GA 30076 Roswell, Georgia United States of America

Strayer University Cost was a 10, benefits about a 2... Roswell, Georgia

.....5in;">I chose to write about my own personal experiences at Strayer University in the hope that other people would not end up making the terrible mistake I made. There are just way too many good colleges out there to waste your time, money or ruin your credit with these people.

They charge outrageous sums for classes that, to put it charitably, would be considered subpar even for small rural a community college.  While there were a few dedicated instructors and many nice people who sincerely meant well, there were also quite a few who could barely speak English and did not seem to be very bright or engaged.

Considering their outrageous cost and poor quality Strayer could rightfully be called a scam and deserves to be featured in the internet hall of shame.    Now that I have debt that may last lifetime and little to show for it, I recently I received a letter from their business office informing me that I owed them approximately 1500 dollars.    It seems that by their accounting when I dropped my last class and left their college for good, my financial aid/ student loan ended, and now I owe them, not Sallie Mae, the $1500 cost of the class.   After the ultimate rip off that is Strayer U. and the millions of dollars they have defrauded taxpayers out of via the student loan system, this was just the icing on the cake.   Like the guy who had his house robbed and then got sued by the burglar who injured himself in the course of the robbery I just could not even believe it.

The money they had received from Sallie Mae to cover the tuition apparently became no good after I dropped the class and informed them of my desire to never return.   To be perfectly blunt about it,   the quick and easy availability of student loans are one of the biggest factors that lead me to attend Strayer in the first place.  I can only speculate, but I suspect that many other students chose Strayer University for the same reason and found out only after they were 10s of thousands of dollars in debt that they had been had

One can only hope that someone in the government will seriously reevaluate Strayers continued participation in the government backed student loan program.  They get away scot free with in effect a multi-million dollar fraud all at taxpayer expense, while the poor hapless consumer at the end of the food chain is left holding the bag for life.    I can only hope that someday the people perpetrating these Enron type higher education scams experience some of the legal repercussions that have occurred to their students over the years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2010 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Strayer-University/Roswell-Georgia-30076/Strayer-University-Cost-was-a-10-benefits-about-a-2-Roswell-Georgia-628376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Strayer University