Complaint Review: Stream Energy / Ingnite

• Submitted: Mon, March 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 13, 2008

• Reported By:Plano Texas
Stream Energy / Ingnite
www.streamenergy.net Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Stream Energy / Ingnite Stream Energy Billing Issues Dallas Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Stream Energy does not read any Meters

I've been using Stream Energy now since July 9, 2007. I bought a new house and for 3 months my bill was only $67 dollars. I figured this was an error so when I received an adjusted invoice for 3 months for $500 dollars I expected it. However, it is now March and I just received a bill for $927.00. I called because I thought it was just an error and they said, "No, we billed you based on estimated usage, not actual usage." When I told them that I live alone and that my bill had never been over $250 even in the hottest months of August and September, he said that I might have squirrels in my attic chewing through the wiring.

So basically I am stuck with a bill for 450 dollars for 2 months worth of electricity. My house is only 1700 square feet and I normally keep the thermostat in the low 70's in the summer and around 68 in the winter.

It just doesn't add up. I could understand an increase of a 100 dollars, but for my bill to double without a good reason makes me believe that somehow I am being scammed.

My rate is .1350 and they said I used 3392 Kwh in one month of electricity.

Plano, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2008 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stream-Energy-Ingnite/Dallas-Texas-75265/Stream-Energy-Ingnite-Stream-Energy-Billing-Issues-Dallas-Texas-322583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stream Energy / Ingnite

Stream Energy does not read any Meters

AUTHOR: Friend Of Domhoff - (U.S.A.)

Dear friend,

Stream Energy does not read any Meters. Nor does any Electrical Provider.
In your area it is Oncor Delivery that reads your Meter and by Texas state law they have the ability to do an estimate reading on your meter based on weather conditions, stormy lighting or if the normal meter reader's are sick or on vacation.

That's right! Oncor reads your meter, Not Stream Energy. The process is automated and when Oncor sends the meter read to Stream or any other Electrical provider, TXU, Reliant, Green Mountain, Spark or Amigo Energy it is all automated process via computers (No Humans are manually manipulating the process).

No doubt that error's occur, but you have a means to request a new meter read thru Stream's customer service department. Just ask to speak to a supervisor and request a re-read of the meter. Stream and Oncor have to allow up to two meter re-reads per year at no cost to you. Ask to speak to a Manager on their Resolution Team.

Stream Energy is a very good company; they truly care about their customer base. Stream Energy will work with their clients to resolve issues.

Just be polite and not allow anger to frustrate any negotiation.

With that said, Stream Energy is still one of the few electrical providers that offer Bundled Rates, No Customer Service Fees and low prices. Errors will happen from time to time with any company.

Good Luck.